When is enough 'enough?'

Guest forgottenone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest forgottenone

Is it when you ****ing wake up to the fact that everything you do is pointless, that you will always be kicked when down ... ground in to the ground, when there is nothing left ... that nothing you ever do, will change not even one part of your life. When every single fibre of your being is exhausted, tired ... realizing you can never change things, no matter how hard you fight. This is your lot in life. Doing things the right way, being honest, decent ... law abiding ... where does that get you? That the fighting against inevitability ... tires you out so much you wake up and smell the very obvious smell of coffee that is the midnight of your self realization in life. It's never going to change, stop trying to change it.

And that life for some will always be the same until the day you die. No matter what.

Edited by forgottenone

Aw forgottenone, I can understand where you're coming from, believe me I can, but there is always some small thing that you can do to make things better. If you keep chipping away at little things that you can improve, then suddenly one day you'll find things aren't as bad as you thought.

You've found CAG now, and we're all here to help each other. That can't be bad can it?;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I've been there, had blokes use me as a bank and/or punchbag, had my place reposessed and been made redundant and told 'You will find it difficult at your age and with your lack of skills to get another job'. Proved that lot wrong, they just wanted to pay me peanuts to do everyones work.

I'm now in a very good job, nice perks, friendly colleagues, starting to clear a path to better things.

It is a long haul upwards and people are too ready to push you back down but try and stand your ground.

Life can feel very bad at times but there is some light - at least in another day you can say 'No' to something or someone instead of saying 'Yes'.

• Haha 1