style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I usually find Internet shopping a pleasure, especially to find goods which are not easily sourced in high street shops. However, my experience with one company recently, changed all this.

For a Birthday present, I ordered a silver laser pen from their laser pointers website owned by BlueSky marketing, based in Glasgow.

I received a very cheap looking blue pen, which was not the item I ordered. It was later said that they did not have the item in stock, so they sent this one instead, this was without asking if I was happy with this, or whether I wanted a refund or not. £22 had been deducted from my Bank account, without my authorisation, for an item I did not order. I am assuming that the pen was sent by them, as there was nothing to indicate where the pen had originated from, inside or outside the package. There was no receipt inside the package. Fortunately, I have a Pay pal receipt to prove I paid.

As it was for a Birthday present, the following week, I returned the item immediately (I drove around for ages looking for a post box with a Saturday delivery), in the hope that they would send the correct pen in time. The postage and packaging, which has also not been returned to me, totalled £2.

I started to worry when I received no contact from the company. I tried calling the company, which, whenever I called was always an answering machine. I left two messages on different days, my calls were never returned. I did however receive emails (two were ignored, or there were significant delays in replying to some). The person who emailed (Paul), appeared unconcerned about the situation. The emails also lacked ‘professionalism’ in that they were quite informal. A good example of this, was that one email began with an ‘ummm’.

I noticed at the bottom of the email, that the address of the company was vastly different to the one on the website (the one I returned the laser pen to).

The address on the website is:

Bluesky Marketing Address Unit 29

SIX Harmony Row Glasgow , Scotland G51 3BA

UK Phone 0870 321 7888 Fax 0870 321 5888

Another email later informed me that they were in fact moving offices to:

Bluesky Marketing

Unit 1, 230 Knightswood Road

Glasgow , G13 2EY

TEL: 0870 321 7888 FAX:0870 321 5888

The phone number and the Fax are the same.

Bluesky said that they had not received the item, however I had the suspicions that as they were moving offices, the package had in fact been received by them, but had been mislaid in either their new or old office.

Fortunately, I paid with Paypal (I very rarely use Paypal unless it is for Ebay, but for some reason gut instinct told me otherwise). I have started a claim via the dispute consol, which they continue to dispute.

I am totally speechless that this company just took it upon themselves to take money from my account and not return it. The lack of formal communication was also of great concern to me.

Incidentally, the pen I ordered was advertised with an rrp of £27, ‘reduced to’ £22. I discovered that this was not the case, on checking on other website which sold this item. The price was actually £22.

I am now £24 out of pocket.

Can anyone advise please.