Ali Vs MBNA

aliboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. Decided to claim charges back from 2 MBNA accounts. Phoned up today asking for all statements since opening the accounts in Nov 05 & Jan 06. The chap on the phone put me on hold for about 5 minutes then returned saying they'd changed their policy regarding sending statements. They now charge £4 per statement meaning I'd have to fork out about £96 just for statements from one of the accounts!

Can this be right!?

Hello Aliboy!

...now charge £4 per statement meaning I'd have to fork out about £96 just for statements from one of the accounts! Can this be right!?

Well, MBNA can charge what they like per Statement...however, I'm delighted to advise that there is a better, and far, far cheaper way to get them!

So, to get them back for that naughty little £4 per Statement ruse, I'd suggest that you should now send them an exhaustive S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)! The Statutory Fee for that is just £10.

They then have 40 Calendar Days to respond, and must send you everything they have on you...yes, you've read my mind, including all Statements from all Accounts you currently hold, or have held with them (within 6 Years of the Accounts closing)!

There, I'd say that's a £10 bargain, don't you agree!

Send your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) via Special Delivery, and use a £10 Postal Order. Just Print your name, don't Sign the Letter. No need to give them a handy new sample of your Signature that they don't need.

The Special Delivery is important, as you must get Signed/Tracked Proof of Delivery so that you know when the 40 Days start.

There's a SAR Template Letter on CAG and the Link is below:

1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges

I'd add to that to make it quite plain you want absolutely everything, including any Telephone Voice Recordings and/or Transcripts, anything at all that mentions you by Name or Account or Contact Details.

Finally, don't Call them again, ever. Never, ever, speak to them on the Phone, as they will never remember anything said that's in your favour, and will never, ever, forget anything said that's in their favour.

P.S. did I mention that you must not Call them? Ever.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

BRW

• Haha 1

Thanks for the reply BRW.

I'll get the S.A.R sent first thing on monday. Must admit when i spoke to them they didn't seem to bother that i was going to claim all the charges back, suppose they must be used to it by now!!

Thanks again

Al

• 1 month later...

statements, CCA arrived so worked out the amount of charges added to the accounts. Anyone know what 'Posted credit insurance fees' are and can i claim them back too?

thanks

Al