AOL Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is anyone else having problems with AOL Broadband?

What I mean is it is taking an age to connect to the internet and is signing its self off and failing to reconnect it is saying 'AOL not responding' Then it takes an age to get back on line. Also Buddy list keeps popping up all the time by itself. :eek:

Anyone else with these problems or is just me

Hi

I had the same problems so changed provider. When I rang up to cancel my account they tried to keep me by reducing monthly payment and telling me the problems I had been having for nearly 3 months were due to the router ( that they provided) being faulty !:mad:

I would seriously look at changing your provider. Good luck

JB

Thanks jailbird.

Glad its not just me, im sick and tired of AOL I pay £15.99 a month for a service which can take up to an hour to get on line. Even when I access a web page it says done on bottom and im just looking at a blank screen.

Been with them for a very long time but will be phoning for my migration code (think thats what it is) im off to Sky thats only £10 a month.

Hi

I also got to the stage where I was fed up to the back teeth. I rely on my computer as am disabled but they would not listen. Well they dont deserve decent customers when they are not providing the service we pay for.

Good luck with the move.:D

JB

You aren't the only one MS, we are having major problems with AOL too.

Unfortunately, because we have a router which AOL don't have details for (given to us "dirt cheap" by PC World because we bought one of their "posh" computers), they are unable to help :mad:

Tbh, I really can't be bothered to ring them again as it increases my stress levels far too much, so I just carry on "fiddling" with our router until I get online :D

I think it's time for a change - *wanders off to check out Sky broadband*

Bo :)

*Brief hijack, sorry to OP

The trouble with any advice over your AOL router is that AOL broadband come in 2 types... 1 is BT broadband re-branded as AOL broadband, the other is AOL over whats called an LLU, and each needs diferent configuration. When searching for help you'll need to have this information to hand.

*end hijack

Back on topic, as this applies to all of you that have posted here... have you checked this out?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/62482-check-here-see-if.html

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks for that :)

Forgot to mention to the OP but after about the third 'phone call to AOL, I finally got to speak to someone who seemed to know what they were talking about and was advised that AOL have apparently changed servers and are, in fact, using the Carphone Warehouse server, if that makes sense.

They did tell me to contact my router manufacturer to confirm that my router had the correct configurations but I didn't bother as it appeared to be working OK.

Anyone else know anything about this? I just wondered if that's why peeps were having problems connecting to AOL as I didn't know about it until I rung them.

Sorry OP, a mini hijack here but I thought it may be relevant if you are having problems connecting to AOL :)

I'm with talktalk, here are my router settings

VPI = 0

VCI = 38

DNS settings (primary) 62.24.199.13

DNS settings (secondary) 62.24.199.23

Authentication = CHAP

Encapsulation mode = PPP over ATM (PPoA). VC-MUX

Username = my email address

Password = not gonna post this :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

hi, we have just about had enough of AOL,it seems to be getting worse by the day, our connection is painfully slow and packs up several times a week and most days AOL is allways not responding, we have this thing called dialbb which it has to connect through, never used to have this, and that does not work properly either, often when my son phones them they are as puzzled as we are, you are certainly not alone ziggy

Sad state of affairs!

Results 1 - 10 of about 13,700 for "aol problems"

13,700 people have posted those two words next to each other on the internet. I wonder how many have not posted as they have not been able to get online!

Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "no aol problems"

That number drops a little when you look for those 3 words together!!!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

I've just had to log onto CAG through IE and it opened 37 windows for me simultaneously (nice). It took me rather a long time to wait for them to finish opening so I could close them down :D

And I've had to change my e-mail address so that my subs to CAG are directed to a different email address from my AOL e-mail address :eek:

• Haha 1

check this:- (the popups are probably spyware)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-reviews-write-review/114194-spybot-you-being-watched.html

Also have you got the latest internet explorer and windows updates?

Microsoft Windows Update

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Sad state of affairs!

Results 1 - 10 of about 13,700 for "aol problems"

13,700 people have posted those two words next to each other on the internet. I wonder how many have not posted as they have not been able to get online!

Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "no aol problems"

That number drops a little when you look for those 3 words together!!!

WOW :eek: Glad im not alone then. We have a Netgear router supplied from AOL.

Ziggy04, we have the same problem with painfully slow connections and AOL constantly saying not responding.

Hi Brassed off, AOL changing servers to Carphone Warehouse is new to me too.

Ditto MS :)

I daren't install anything on the comp at the mo. Mr Bo has that many anti-virus stuff on it which is probably what's slowing it down :rolleyes:

Think I've hijacked enough now, I will leave you in peace MS :D