wescot/CCA -citi loan for a new pc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

phishing trip

if the oc wanted their money, they would have asked for it direct in the last 3 yrs

ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh and ps:

if they are claiming or intimidating you that they are BAILIFFS

then this is a crass case of misrepresenting their powers on this type of debt and they should be reported to the relevent authorities

in this instance it is a CIVIL debt and they CANNOT use or imply to use their BAILIFF powers unless it has already beento court.

i am minded to change this thread title.

dx

siteteam

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

'We know you live here' is a common tatic to get you to contact them. I would continue to ignor.

Another DCA does it with a yellow card but I can't remember who it was. I've had a few. Just file and ignor, whoop de doo you know where I live. Yawn!

urm these jokers need looking at if they asre trying to pull the old philips trick of putting a 'joint' title for their business activities.

can you scan up the letter please

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

siteteam

and they

Cant scan at mo ..

But the letter says

HEADED Grosvenor legal services ,then BAILIFFS (written underneath that )

Dear Sir/Madam

There has been numerous attempts to contact you to arrange payment terms on the above outstanding debt

as you hav failed to respond to correspondence we hav found it necessary to make tracing enquires for confirmation of you current place of residence

we hav information verifying that you are infact resident at the above address,Bringin us to the conclusion you are choosing to ignore the repeated requests for payment

in the circumstances we are instructed that court proceedings MAY be issues without furture delay ,,inorder to prevent litigation you need to contact i=us urgently we are confident we will be able to work out a payment plan taking into account your current financial position !!

This is the first we hav heard from these ppl,,what a loada dribble for £173.00

that is a very naughty thing to do

pers i'd contact TS and get it reported

its a big NO-NO for them to intimate they can use their bailiff powers, on a civil debt

they should be CLEARLY stating they are operating under their DCA wing on this, not just leave it and say nowt!

very misleading.

dx

and they

UPDATE ..another letter of the BAILIFFS 2day ..threating court action well MAYBE lol..And if they win they could put a charging order on property..well they better ask the council first ..And for 173.00 Quid ..highly unlikely lol..

think i may now send the prove it letter !! Actually ill email them ..they aint worth the postage

UPDATE ..another letter of the BAILIFFS 2day ..threating court action well MAYBE lol..And if they win they could put a charging order on property..well they better ask the council first ..And for 173.00 Quid ..highly unlikely lol..

think i may now send the prove it letter !! Actually ill email them ..they aint worth the postage

Whenever you read these letters take not of the words may happen, could do this which would mean..... If they were going to do it, you'd know. Two choices, ignore, or send Prove It letter below:

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR 2008) and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment. I would also remind you, that I/we are aware of the 'MALG' Guidance/Code that you should comply with.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

I would post it so you know it's gone to the right place and people. Don't send recorded delivery, just ask for Proof of Postage at the PO - it costs nothing and is all a court requires IF it ever went that far.

You send the prove it letter by recorded delivery. If they take this to court, atleast you have some proof of sending and them receiving the letter.

If you don't owe this debt, personally I think you should also write to Dell. If you don't then you risk getting unecessary hassle.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You send the prove it letter by recorded delivery. If they take this to court, atleast you have some proof of sending and them receiving the letter.

If you don't owe this debt, personally I think you should also write to Dell. If you don't then you risk getting unecessary hassle.

Sorry to disagree but you are wrong! Read what the court needs - proof of postage, that is all. Receipt is assumed by the court. If you read Royal Mails site or speak to your post master they will tell you that Royal Mail don't even guarantee delivery (EVER) of 1st class, 2nd class and recorded delivery letters. The ONLY was to guarantee delivery is Special Delivery. Sorry for the rant, but people on here must spend thousands of pounds unnecessarily over the years sending things recorded delivery when all they need and can get for free is Proof of Postage.

Rant over - sorry!