Changing Hotels While on holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am new to the site, and this is my first post. I just need a little advise about a current problem.

I booked a hotel room with travel republic for my husband and his uncle to Turkey.

1 When he arrived he was sent to the hotel next door as his hotel was overbooked.

2 After 1 night this hotel became over booked and was sent back to the original hotel.

3 They wanted to give him a room that was dirty. He refused. I contacted the tour operator and they contacted the resort rep. The room was changed.

4 This morning my husband contacted me again to say this room is still not acceptable. It appears they have recently "white washed" the walls and the clothes he had been wearing were now covered in white.

He just wants to move to a different hotel. He again contacted the rep, but he said he could not do this.

The other problem I have is - I made another booking when myself and a friend are due to fly out and stay in the same hotel.

I would appreciate any advise. I am due to contact the tour operator again tomorrow.

Many thanks

Diane

the best way is contact with your hotel by email or by phone 3 or 4 days before you come . just ask them about your reservation they recorded to their system or not. have a nice holiday

Thanks sevket for your replies.

I really want to get my husband out of that hotel and into another, and my booking to be changed also. Apparently there are others complaining too about the cleanliness of the place.

I am not looking forward to this holiday at all, but what can I do now. I dont want to leave it until we are all back then complain - I just want it sorted now. What rights do I have if any? What can I ask for?

Many thanks

Diane

• 2 weeks later...

I am an ex holiday rep and have encountered issues like this myself

Now the way it works is this

If the hotel booked is NAMED (as in when you book it at the agents you book SEAVIEW HOTEL this is the hotel you are due to stay in)

If you get into resort and for whatever reason they move you or re-allocate your accomodation you are entitled to make a claim in resort for resort compensation, the hotel you are moved into will be your hotel for the duration of the stay. If the room is not of habitiable standard then you MUST contact the rep in resort (not the hotel but the rep)

This is due to the fact reps actaully have a fair amount of powers to resolve issues with rooms and can liase with the hotels to resolve issues.

The reason also to complain to the rep is to have an in resort complaint form filed out, this will form the back bone of your complaint back home when you raise it with the tour operator.

If the hotel you are moved to is a lower standard or substantially different to the one you requested you can then request a change of accomodation with the reps and they should do this free of charge (but it will be to a similar hotel 3star etc as the one your booked)

If you book accomodation on arrival then its pot luck where you end up

I have to say though in the 5 season i completed I have never heard of moving a customer to another hotel then moving them back again!!

Also in regards to the 'whitewash' if anything like that happens then photographic evidence is your best ally in this case.