Car Repossession by Welcome

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd give a swift mention regarding WF ....

I bought my car from them in 2003 and actually paid it off, never missing a single payment. I even surprised myself. :-D

Anyhow I think in late 2004 they moved offices. I got a call from a really nasty young lady telling me I'd missed a payment. I said I did not and she was wrong. Instead of her listening to me she went down the tracks of 'reposessions' and various inuendo and only went quiet when I told her they could have the car back, no problem and no further payments. It transpired that they simply did not do their system stuff right and somehow missed entering a payment I'd made. People should be aware that this company is 'nice' on the selling side and very 'nasty' when it involves even a single missed payment. I never did ever get an apology whatsoever from them.

I'd mention though that companies such as these hate getting vehicles back if you offer to do it. On my part I was told that unless I took every insurance with my purchase I would not be able to have the car. Of course then I did not know my rights as with the help of people here I now do.

The really scary thing to all our genuine complaints is that people such as these have CRA accounts and can enter incorrect data at will. The CRA will never change anything without the express permission of the creditor or court order. Having seen over the years how even high street financial institutions work I wonder if it's actually correct that these faceless entities can enter data with CRA's with little if no comeback should they make errors.

Just had to have my input. :)

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to take out the insurance/ppi and also the mechanical breakdown, otherwise I would not have qualified for the loan!!!

What a fool I was at that time...

Did they say it was a condition of the loan to have the 'optional' PPI/Insurance?

They said I would not be offered the car/HP if I did not take out the PPI.

Said it was for my benefit!!

We will see, as I am now unemployed!!!

But I also had to take the Mechanical Breakdown cover over a period of 4 years.

But the funny thing is I dont even have a log/service book!!

Carcraft told me on the sales floor that for an extra £800 added on to the 5-year term of the FIXED SUM LOAN AGREEMENT, I could have a 5-year NAC Warranty for all the extra things that aren't normally insured! Now I've defaulted because they wouldn't accept a repayment plan, I see I have been charged 3 times that! It's not even worth the paper it's written on :mad:

Well my total Credit for the INSURANCES: £2911.34

TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE for the INSURANCES: £4657.92

Acceptance Fee £195??

Option Fee: £100

I have no idea anymore what they have charged!!:mad:

I think someone needs to check my agreement for ???

I'd just got a couple of nibblers on my thread who were more than interested in the complexity of the invoices and different figures etc... but then it's died a death so can't help for now. It was too complicated for me, and it's my agreement!!! :rolleyes: Know there's something not right though:x

• 3 months later...

hi everyone just thought i would tell you about my bad experience with welcome,at the end of march 2009 at 9.00pm i was shocked to find my car on the back of a truck as i went outside to find out what was going on the guy told me he has been orderd to come and reposes my car by welcome. i had missed a couple of payments but i spoke to a guy at welcome and agreed to make payment by the 29march09 and he would cancell the reposession order.the payment went out of my account and as far as i was concerned everything was ok.the next morning morning i spoke to welcome to see what was going on only to be passed from pillow to post nobody wanted no . eventually i managed to speak to somebody from the halifax branch who admitted that they had forgot to cancell the reposesion order. how can you forget to do something as important as that !!!! they basically told me that they couldnt do anything untill monday as there was no managers around {this was at about 3.30pm} after days of trying to resolve this problem and visiting a branch i eventually spoke to a lady at the customer complaints department and by this time i had to buy another car as it had been over a week without transport.welcome asked me if i wanted my old car back but they also wanted £500 before i got the car back what a joke , what kind of company reposes your car then says oops we shouldnt have done that then asks if you want it back !! !!! i explained that i had bought another car and i wanted my march payment back and no more to do with this company and to close the account. i eventually recieved a cheque 2 months later for the march payment and i have been informed that the vehicle has been sent to auction and been sold and i could be liable for the outstanding ammount i dont think this is wright as it shouldnt have been reposesed in the first place.

With respect this might be a wise conclusion! I way lomg ago mentioned that I received a 'nasty' call for a payment missed. I actually did NOT miss a payment but they changed offices and did not transfer data over as they should have. There was no apology (even after I asked for one) and the people are like employed for IMHO how offensive and nasty they can be!

Tip: NEVER purchase a vehicle from (or have any dealings with) WCF!

They are nice selling but that's where it ends which leaves a nasty taste in ones mouth.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

• 3 months later...

Hiya guys,

I haven't read all of the posts on this thread yet, but will do.

I just wanted to post my situation to find out where I stood.

Well as you must know, I had a car on HP. All of my payments were on time for about 14 months, but I lost my job and therefore couldn't keep up with the payments.

My last payment was in May. And in July, I had a Welcome Finance rep. at my door in the early hours of the morning ringing my doorbell continuously (he kept his finger on the bell). He was very aggressive and at one point even threatened to keeth my teeth in.

Bear in mind that this visit came after a number of early morning phonecalls where I had explained that I lost my job, but had just been offered one and will be starting in September.

Anyway, one September Monday morning (two weeks ago) while I was on my way to work, a guy turned up at my door. I got into my car, but he stood at the door and then struggled with me for my car keys. He pointed to a clipboard and said that it was a court order. Coming to think of it, he wouldn't allow me to have a good look at the letter, although I know it was headed by Welcome Finance.

Anyway, he took my car, with my belongings still inside.

I still have the Log Book.

I have called the company on a few occasions, where I was informed that I should have received a court order and the fact that my car has been repossessed was my fault, because I should have acted when I received that letter. I told the guy that I didn't receive a letter and I am still quite confused about this letter I should have received. When I told him I didn't receieve a letter, he didn't really say much after that.

Anyway, I kinda ingored that because I had just decided to accept the fact that my car had been repossessed, I was just concerned about my belongings. Anyway, my account manager at Welcome gave me a number for Central Recoveries and told me to call them in order to retrieve my belongings. As they were not the ones who took the car, it's a different department.

I called this number and they gave me another number to call. This time it was a number for the company who were to auction my car. They said my car was with them, it had been valeted, but was empty when they received it. So I called Central Recoveries, who also said the car was empty.

So basically, my car was taken from me unlawfully (I think) and my belongings were stolen.

Can somebody please advise me.

Thanks.

I had to create a new account, because my last one had a problem logging in.

Anyway, the car was on the road.

I have just looked at my orginal documents and I'm pretty sure I have paid 1/3 of the total amount. Although I'm not 100% sure, so will have to call them to double check. However, if my calculations are right, I have paid at least 1/3.

I must admit, I did get a default notice. But no court order or an pre-possession order.

To be honest, I just want my car back. On my credit agreement, it states that if I have paid a third, I have the right to get back my any money I have paid. I'd just be happy if they gave me my car back (or a replacement) and allow me to continue paying. Seeing as I have a job now.

They did say that I could get it back, but that would mean paying them £1500, what I supposedly owe on the account. I know they added charges.

Do you think I have a leg to stand on?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Been sent this link by a great member on here regarding my situation. I am in a similar position and have just received my SAR but not surprisingly their is no court order and the car has since been sold at auction for a fraction of the price. I'm not too clued up on how to go to court etc, don't know if law is different up here in Scotland