Sureterm Insurance - awaiting certificate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I renewed my insurance with Sureterm at the beginning of May and am yet to obtain the certificate. The last contact said they had put it in the post last Friday. I have now had to take the car off the road as I am unable to tax it because I don't have the insurance certificate.

Today I had planned to take my son for a special day out for his birthday as he has a day of school owing to teacher's training but have now had to cancel these plans.

I have strarted the process to buy the tax online and it appears that the insurance is recognised but I will have to wait up to 5 days for it to arrive.

Anyone have any comments?

If it's already in the post, there's probably not much more that can be done. However, I doubt it's true that they posted it on Friday as it would have arrived by now. If it's going to take them any longer, you could ask them to send you a covernote by fax or by special delivery.

Well, it arrived yesterday afternoon - too late for our planned birthday surprise but car is taxed now.

They insisted on serveral occasions that they had posted it on the 27th June but it was actually postmarked the 1st July.

In the meantime I did receive another two mailings from them, both trying to get me to take out further insurance with them.

Needless to say I will not be doing so as nearly two months to issue a certificate is not on and then to lie about sending it.

• 3 years later...

ive got a simalar story with sureterm but havnt recieved any documents and not even an email. when i ring them they say their system is having probs making the policy and its a prob their end and not mine and they keep giving me extensions but whats worrying me is that i pay by dd and the finance company thats doing the policy havnt heard anything from them either and dont even know who i am. the reason i went with them is they were £500 pounds cheaper than anyone else. i think i can see why now. ive checked on the mid site and the vehicle is coming up as insured but i can see them cancelling at some point and me losing my deposit. im also a member of a landrover site and people on there that have used them do have mixed feelings so i would be interested in seeing if anyone else has had this prob with them and was it resolved in the end.