Dealing with HFO Services (from Overseas)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

I am also having major problems with HFO. They have taken over my Barclays debt and are now requesting double the amount that I own Barclays.

I told them that I was happy to pay off what I owed Barclays (even if they too have taken great liberties with additional fees, interest – I just want to end that whole sorry affair).

However, I have asked HFO to explain how I ended up with double the debt I owed Barclays and they refuse to give me a satisfactory response but resort to threats to take me to court.

Strangely enough, when I told a HFO guy to continue with court proceedings because there was no way that I was going to pay the amount they were requesting unless they sent me a detailed record of how they reached their calculations, he said that they weren’t planning to take me to court yet and wanted to give me a chance to settle out of court first.. Hmmm!

After telling them that I was not going to act on the matter until I've received my credit file from Barclays and themselves, they have told me 'not to waste my time with Barclays' as the debt is owned to them now and not Barclays. Hmmm!

They are also extremely rude and have been harassing both myself and my family back home in England. My original address when I was dealing with Barclays was my parents’ home in London. I have moved overseas twice but have written to them (Barclays) before HFO came into the picture and offered to make payments to them. I got no response from Barclays and they and their 'partners' have continued to send letters my parents.

Recently, HFO have started calling my parents at all hours and continue to do so even after they were given my number and address and after actually speaking to me in the UAE.

I have just written a ‘harassment by telephone’ letter to the company (HFO) using the template on this website - but I am so annoyed with the way they have been treating my parents (particularly my mother) that I want to take it further.. any advice?

As to clearing the debt, I have two questions..

1. I am now living in the UAE, does this effect my statutory rights? Should I be doing things differently?

2. Shall I make a CCA request to both organisations or just Barclays.

Thanks in advance. :)

• 3 months later...

Well.. No response to my S.A.R from Barclays.

And after bugging me for weeks and then calling me to ask why I haven't written to them as I said. He calls me when they've recieved my CCA asking if he can send it to my parents home, I said no as I am not living there, so will not get it. He says something about not being allowed to, so i asked why he was calling. Then, he says he will send it and will I be making full payment as soon as I get letter - I said no. He said, if I want to know about calculations to contact Barclays – changed their minds on that one.

He starts hassling me about making a payment, which I think was the only purpose to that phone call. My hubby then took the phone and tells him to stop annoying me and that he will be answering the phone from now on. Hubby gives him a hard time for about 5 minutes. No more calls and more curiously no letter. This was late August.

What shall I do? Follow up or ignore HFO?

Edited by MrsSunshine
For clarity..

So they are nearly two months late in complying with your request.

Write a formal letter of complaint to Barclays saying that they have failed to comply with your request, and that unless they do so immediately (say within 7 days) then you will be lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.

I would in any case lodge your complaint with the ICO straight away because they take a long time to even give you an 'initial response' to your complaint. You can do this online here - Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO . The section you want is 'Data Protection'.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Will Sub onto this one as I have the same problem with Debbie Tass as I am in NZ

Woolwich N1 issued 15.01.07 £11k

Acknowledged 01.02.07

Defence Filed 15.02.07

AQ Filed 21.02.07

AQ Deadline 05.03.07

Woolwich AQ late, given till 16.03.07

29.03.07, Judgement rec, woolwich to pay up by 10.04.07

Money received 16.04.07

Nationwide MCOL issued 22.01.07 £1k

Settled in full 05.02.07:D

Account being closed

Appeared on Watchdog 20.02.07

Abbey Issue MCOL £5k 24.01.07

Defence Filed 21.02.07

29.03.07, AQ hearing set for 20.04.07 with other like cases.

11.04.07, Full settlement letter received for £5,769.12

Did think about getting out at one point when things were getting rough.

Spoke to a judge where I was thinking of going, (O/H is fairly well connected), about the chances of my creditors taking action in foreign courts.

Answer was: Not a hope in hell.

Please note that this was not an EEC or Commonwealth country.

David

So they might be able to take action in a commonwealth country

Woolwich N1 issued 15.01.07 £11k

Acknowledged 01.02.07

Defence Filed 15.02.07

AQ Filed 21.02.07

AQ Deadline 05.03.07

Woolwich AQ late, given till 16.03.07

29.03.07, Judgement rec, woolwich to pay up by 10.04.07

Money received 16.04.07

Nationwide MCOL issued 22.01.07 £1k

Settled in full 05.02.07:D

Account being closed

Appeared on Watchdog 20.02.07

Abbey Issue MCOL £5k 24.01.07

Defence Filed 21.02.07

29.03.07, AQ hearing set for 20.04.07 with other like cases.

11.04.07, Full settlement letter received for £5,769.12