PPI Claim against Lloyds TSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm in the early stages of claiming back my PPI premiums from Lloyds tsb but have one major question to ask.

I was sold it as a single premium which was added onto the amount of the loan, the loan lasted 5 years at a fixed rate of 17.9%. How do I work out how much I have paid in total and how much I should be claiming for?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

If you paid a single premium you should ask for the whole lot back, if you have paid the loan off, also you can claim back interest at 8% per day from when you made your first payment up until you make your calim, you can claim back contractual interest but thats out of my league and is complicated in essence it means you can claim back interest that they charged you on the loan.

Thanks adamski.

So lets say the amount added onto my loan was £1000 for the PPI, 8% of that is £8. So I would times that by how many days I have had the loan to get what the interest is.

The bit I feel most cheated on is the interest gained on the premium that was added onto my loan. That £1000 was added and I have been paying 17.9% on it since. Can I claim this back as well and how do I work it out?

Thanks again Adamski!

• 3 weeks later...

Ptothej, I'm a little bit late coming into this one, so you may already be beyond this stage or have found an answer elsewhere, but just in case, what you should be claiming is all of the money you paid out, plus statutory interest. There are spreadsheets on here to help you calculate that.

Essentially, though, what you are looking at is the cost of the PPI plus interest at 17.9% over the five years. (Is this a flat rate or APR?)

In addition, you are able to claim statutory interest on money you have paid from the date you paid it until present day. This is where the spreadsheet comes in handy, as you can use it to work out the interest on a daily basis on each month's payments. so, if you paid £200 towards your loan 4 years ago, you could claim a further 32% on that. £200 paid 3 years ago would give you an additional 24% in interest. It works out at around 0.022% interest per day, so definitely one for a spreadsheet! :)

Throw some figures around and then post them back on here and somebody will check them over for you.

• 2 years later...

Hi Folks,

My wife took out a K25 loan in '04. The loan is paid off in July this year. We have applied through one of these companies that do the leg work for you. However, when you consider that they will take probably somewhere in the region of 30% I am begining to wonder if we are doing the right thing. My theory at the time was, great if we get K5 back for just filling out a form, that's fine. Any comments would be appreciated on how to proceed.

Hi bobby

Probably best to start your own thread on this but to start you off, I would not use a claims management company. It is very easy to do it yourself and you can keep all of the money rather than hand over 25 to 30%.

Have a read around the forum....there's tons of stuff about reclaiming.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS