First Choice changed our hotel - Please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I booked a holiday to Cuba for August 6 months ago. 8 weeks before we go, we were informed that we were going to be upgraded to a 5 star (previously 4 star) hotel because the hotel we booked was closing halfway through our stay due to refurbishment. After reading about the hotel they want to move us to, i'm not happy with their choice. We want the original hotel we booked and are prepared to move our holiday two weeks earlier than the previous date we booked, but they want to us to pay the difference, which we simply can't afford despite the fact they were offering to upgrade us for no extra cost.

Is they any advice you can give me on this?

Not much, no. They are offering you (presumably) more expensive alternative, so unless there is a valid reason why the second hotel is unsuitable (no lift and pax is in a wheelchair, for example), they are fulfilling their obligations.

Furthermore, you might want to ask yourself why they are so suddenly closing the hotel down for refurbishment during high season? ;-)

Furthermore, you might want to ask yourself why they are so suddenly closing the hotel down for refurbishment during high season? ;-)

I think you might have had a close escape from a badly run-down hotel. If so, be grateful. Few people get 5* for 4* money.

If you really don't like the alternative hotel, maybe First Choice might have another alternative that they can offer. It's worth asking.....

British Shoe Corporation - won :) BT - won :) West Lancs Council - lost :-x 02 - won :) British Airways - still fighting :o STOP PRESS - RSPCA - daughter won with letters I wrote :)

• 2 weeks later...