• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

OPEC Oil campaign \ Protest

JOSH_IOU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following the succes of my fuel protest thread I think it is time to start a a different thread that conentrates on oil prices.

Oil prices have a knock on affect on petrol and disel prices. If a barrel of oil goes up so dose the petrol. Then the tax goes up as the government thinks they can make more on the price of oil.

If the oil prices continue to rise the cost of daily life will sky rocket even more. I belive we are at the start of a massive price war bewtween industrys. There is more to come.

Opecsis to coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital to those investing in the petroleum industry.

I think we should all send a letter to these people and complain about the high oil prices on the grounds of hardship. And see what the response is. What do you think?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• 1 month later...
I think we should all send a letter to these people and complain about the high oil prices on the grounds of hardship. And see what the response is. What do you think?

Maybe we should send similar letters to the speculators in the stock exchanges and while we're at it, the stockbrokers who've helped push the value of stocks down.

To go further, we could go after the people trading in Futures Markets in Corn as they push the price up by speculation. Same with many other food products.

Seriously, OPEC members are there to make money as a business, not a charity. They have no control over stock markets and government taxes on fuel.

I was under the impression that OPEC is what/who controls the price of fuel in the first place? I mean, WHAT makes a barrel of oil jump up so high in such a short amount of time? I don't, for one minute, believe that they woke up one day and said 'OMG! We're running out of crude oil! Jack the prices up!!' I understand that there are other factors that contribute to the price of oil, but I don't think there's any noble reasons involved. Just greed.

I'd be happy to fire off a letter, but I don't think OPEC will give a rat's arse. I think there needs to be someone to curtail their greed full stop.

Same with the government and their greed with the bloody taxes. Nulabour has come up with some marvelous ways to tax the tax of a tax. At least they had the common sense to shelve the 2p increase that was due in a couple months....but, to be honest, I don't think they had much of a choice. People have to get to work to feed their families, and they have to be able to afford to put petrol in the tank to get to work (don't get me started on public transport :mad:). When the time comes that these people CAN'T afford to go to work, they aren't gonna care about saving the environment. They're going to care about feeding their babies. And when they can't feed their babies, they're either going to revolt or quit their jobs and sit on the Dole. And what's going to crash the government totally? Half the country revolting or sitting on the Dole. Now THAT'S a knock on effect!

And I just realised I'm on a ginormous soap box lol. Stepping down now.......:p

I don't think OPEC will give a rat's arse. I think there needs to be someone to curtail their greed full stop.

Why should they care as long as they're OK? Are they the only ones 'greedy' on making money?

Then there's the blame game on the 'developing nations'. I don't seem to recall anyone telling the 'developed nations' to curb their hunger for oil when they were 'developing' many many years ago.

It's an open market. If someone wants to pay to buy oil, why shouldn't someone else sell them it? After all, they say money has no 'colour' and business is business.

I am not versed enough to successfully argue about OPEC. All that I know is that their influence is phenomenal and I'm not stupid enough to think they don't grease the palms of the most powerful people on the planet....for a resource that is almost as necessary as water in this day and age.

I also know that it's awful strange that despite our supposed 'dwindling' supply of oil and the ever increasing prices of it, we've barely a handful of alternatives. It's only just recently that car manufacturers have half-heartedly started producing 'hybrids' (discounting the Prius and that other one that's been out many years) and I have to wonder why? The technology has been around along time......so that smacks of external influence somewhere. After all, if automobile manufacturers starting producing cars that didn't need petrol at ALL, what would OPEC do?? Cry, probably :rolleyes: Instead we have Dodge producing big fat V8 hybrids and Lexus and a few others I've seen that makes me laugh and groan at the same time. Hmm...I wonder if OPEC will be investing in biofuel? We've decided that we're going to start cooking our food with diesel as it's cheaper than veg oil now! :smile:

Anyways, I'm getting wayyyyyyyyyy off the topic.

I still think a campaign to do SOMETHING about the price of oil would be great....I just don't know who we'd campaign to!

I'm saying OPEC are not responsible for everything. So what if they 'grease' the hands of leaders, the 'greased' can always say NO. And influence is to be used for one's own benefit. I'm sure many other organisations do it.

OPEC is only an organisation of certain members, not every oil producing nation. Therefore they cannot be entirely responsible for the mess. They may have a lot of the world's oil at their disposal, but that's just pot luck.

By the way, i don't have oil shares or make any money from it ....