Help advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to you all, i require some advice. My daughter came to stay for a while then moved on . We parted on a bad note. Letters are arriving from debt collection agencies. i have informed them many times that she has not been living here for nearly two years , and unable to give them a forwarding address. I open the letters to put a covering letter from myself i have also sent emails. In the letters they give you a number to ring them , you are asked to leave a contact number which i refuse to give. The letters state they might send door collections around etc ,Where do i stand if someone comes round , will they require payment because she used this address .

thanks

Remember that these aren't your debts

Most likely they wont send anyone round. If anyone does call round, you can just send them away, tell them that your daughter does not live there. You don't have to prove that, give them money or let them in. Just tell them to go away and never return, then close the door on them. (Better still, conduct this conversation through the letter box) They have no right to visit.

There is a letter about visits that you should be able to find with a search of this site.

Don't ring them - ever.

When your daughter does get in touch, you know what web site to tell her about!

Grumpy

Couldn`t have put it better myself Grumpy !!

Lisdav, not your debt, not your problem. end of. I realise it is your daughter, and family is family, but just do not get involved, it will only cause you heart-ache and grief take it from me.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

I now realise that my earlier comment " do not get involved" may seem heartless but the comment was refering to the DCA not your daughter. By all means advise and help her in any way you can except financialy, as she has to learn to control her own finances. I helped my son a few years back when he got into problems with a broken relationship and got into severe rent arrears and council tax arrears. helped him with a large "loan" to clear these debts , and now have little prospect of ever seeing my money back, I could barely afford it at the time and can still not afford to have this money outstanding. I would just like not to see others in this situation. Stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales