Penny v G.E. Money ***WON***

pennypenny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a long think about what to do about this and I have decided to send a letter to G E Money asking them to refund the charges and if they won't I will contact the court and ask them to lift the stay, that is if it can be lifted.

The only problem is what to write, I am not very good at letter writing. Has anyone got any ideas what to put? I will try to come up with something myself but I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I would still really like some advice on this claim before I go any further. I dont know whether to start the claim again or tell them to pay up or I'll contact the court to reopen the claim, I am not even sure if I can do that, so please if anyone has any advice at all I would be really grateful, I just dont know what to do at all.

• 1 year later...

After over a year of not doing anything with this claim I have finally decided to go after it again. I read a couple of threads where people successfully claimed charges plus 8% interest off store cards now run by santander (it was G E Money when I started my original claim).

I have sent a letter asking for all charges back plus 8% interest and am waiting for a reply. Does anyone know what my chances will be after already trying to claim before? I went for more interest last time so this claim is for less but the card is almost paid off now so anything will be a bonus. Also some of the charges are now over six years so will I get them or will they offer everything within six years?

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally had a positive outcome from santander on this claim :)

I received a letter last week offering charges in the last six years plus 8% interest which is less than I was asking for but am going to accept because this has been going on for years. The card only had a very small balance on it so they are going to send me the balance by cheque within 2 weeks, which I am still waiting for. Hopefully it will get here this week.

Thanks for all your advice, it's took a while but I eventually got there. I'm going to go after Argos storecard charges next and will start a new thread when I get that one started.

• 1 month later...

Finally received cheque on wednesday :)

Thanks for all your help, onwards and upwards with my next claim now.

Still waiting for a reply to my SAR from my argos store card, even though the 40 days are up now.