NatWest Mastercard

joseph
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The address for Natwest Credit cards is:

Credit Card Operations

Customer Contact Centre

PO Box 5636

Southend-On-Sea

SS99 1WJ

Now for the juicy stuff.

I have recieved two letters in the last week from NatWest, better than MBNA & BOS who have until Monday.

Anyway here is the letter:

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated 11 March 2006 and I apologise for any dissatisfaction caused by the aplication of charges to your account.

We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparant. We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff, which we are satisfied, complies with all applicable laws and regulations. We are also commited to ensuring the transparancy of the information we give to our customers about the operation of our products.

Against that background, we must differ to the views expressed in your letter. Accordingly, the charges that have been applied to your accound must stand.

However, thank you again for taking the trouble to write.

Yours sincerely,

Joanne Trenkel

Senior Customer Advisor

Was your letter a "Letter before Action"? If yes, hi-yo, hi-yo, it's off to court you go. If not, you really need to send one of those. The one I sent to Halifax said something on the lines of: Disappointed in your reply. Pls note I shall be filing in the County Courts in 7 days, your only chance to avoid the additional costs of court fees and interest are to pay before the 7 days are up.

You see, you have to be able to show a judge that you gave them ample opportunity to settle, and that it's their own fault if you have to file, hence the importance of the LBA. I personally write "LETTER BEFORE ACTION" in great big red bold underlined letters at the beginning, so they really can't miss it.

I sent a nasty letter to them 5min ago by registered post. It is very similar to the one I sent Abbey on my other thread, except it threatens legal action rather than informing them of action.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks