Housing have issued Notice of Seeking Possession...Serious Benefits Problems Any Advice Will be APRECIATED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update: The headache went but I guess its creeping back with the STRESS....:-|

The representative acting on my behalf from CLA called and did a few conference calls to the benefit department and the local authority (which I think was really nice of her so she gets my thumbs up).

As for the DWP they claim the investigating officer is only looking into the allegation of my allegedly receiving money in April 2005 before I started claiming Income Support in May 2005 (anything to take back money and show I was not entitled:rolleyes:) and trying to obtain evidence:rolleyes: must be looking for evidence to convict me as you don't have to look far for evidence that proves I wasn't at uni or in receipt of any money as my doctor, the hospital, the SLC, my experian report and the bank can confirm I didn't get paid any money and was neither at uni....and its taken them this log since 18th April to come up with nothing ?

CLA advises me I should put in a complaint about the length of time taken as she is well aware they are in no rush to obtain evidence for a quick result!

Now HB.... again I have been advised to complain because of lack of information and the conflicting information given, the HB also stated that there is a 14 day processing wait on applications so my benefit will be looked at on the 12-6-08 so the problem CLA & I have is why Housing put it in writing that the spoke with HB and my HB would not be reassessed until 7-7-08 :mad:.

CLA will be calling me back a day after the 12 days have elapsed to find out if there are delays in sorting my benefit and back payment and why. In the meanwhile I will start on my complaints letters so I can get this investigated on why it was handled so badly since the local authority were quick to issue a notice of seeking possession for such a small amount of arrears and as far as I am concerned causing unwarranted stress with his information stating my HB was not gonna be reassessed till July.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, and fingers still crossed for you (makes it difficult to type though). It looks like CLA are doing a great job on your behalf. Stress is a recognised medical condition, so it "might" be worth using that against them for compensation (ie. "Official Error", that I mentioned lots of messages ago).

Good luck with it.

Did you ever kick stonedcroze by the way? lol

Regards etc...

Thanks for the update, and fingers still crossed for you (makes it difficult to type though). It looks like CLA are doing a great job on your behalf. Stress is a recognised medical condition, so it "might" be worth using that against them for compensation (ie. "Official Error", that I mentioned lots of messages ago).

Good luck with it.

Did you ever kick stonedcroze by the way? lol

Regards etc...

Hi and thank you;) I am truly stressed I have been since last year, which was a very bad year for me losing a friend in a motor cycle crash...opened up a can of worms for me in dealing with my past which cause a few arguments:-| since then I have developed a nervous twitch in my right eye which is prominent when I am especially under pressure it would be quite funny if not serious but I do try to make the best of my situations and have a laugh even at my new found twitch:D though it is annoying but then what can you do?

I even find since all this and my life taking a downhill dive has caused me to get panic attacks and I actually started taking control of that feeling by my involvement on CAG (WHICH IS VERY ADICTIVE LOL)which makes me feel better that I am in fact trying to help myself and also the motivation I get from the kind words and offers for stress release kicking:D. I came to the realisation that there is nothing funny about life until faced with hardships and downfalls which others always seem to find funny or is it just their mentality:| I refer to my sister who has found my having to hide my car from LBL funny but as it is not happening to her then she can happily laugh.

But hey, life goes on and I am grateful for small mercies and the kindness of strangers otherwise I would be truly alone.

So again thank you all for taking the time to read and for the messages of support and advice as it is truly appreciated!!

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Local Authorities are required by law to put a housing benefit claim into payment within 14 days of them receiving all the information. If they are outside of this they can be fined by the Local Government Ombudsman. If I was you I would calculate the length of time they have had the claim and if they are outside the law I would contact them tomorrow and tell them they have 48 hours in which to action your claim as they are already outside the law, failing a satisfactory response it is your intention to report the matter to the Ombudsman and your MP. This should make them move. They hate the involvement of both.

good luck

I put mine in on the 29th May however they said I need to include a letter giving a good enough reason to have my hb backdated so I am going to do my letter and deliver it by hand to the office tomorrow. So wish me luck on that, though I was prepared to have words with the housing officer who gave ,me incorrect information....but he never returned my call:rolleyes: I wonder why? however should I report anyone, I have evidence of what was stated as the housing office put his incorrect information in writing :D how lucky am I ;)

Also making his notice for possession more than a little premature....I wonder if my HO doesn't like me because of all the past complaints and pressure I have put on the council to fix my fencing which I also contacted my local news paper to publicise and also the complaints due to the councils lack of action with the a.s.b.o tenants and children in the street:rolleyes:

I would take the softly, softly approach at first. Give them the letter and say to them that you are disappointed that the wrong information was given to you which has delayed your claim being put into payment within the required 14 days and has caused untold stress. See how they react whether they seem willing to put your claim through any quicker or whether it will be 12-14 days. If they still say it will be 12-14 say to them that you will be making an official complaint to the ombudsman (only say this if you intend to make a complaint) regarding the incorrect information being given to you as this information has been an important factor in the processing of my claim.

Make sure you drop the fact in that you know that they have 14 days.

You can get the Ombudsman address from your local authority's website. They will need copies of all correspondence.

I have emailed the housing officer regarding the incorrect information provided and wrote the letter to the housing benefit section for the reason for backdating request and included with it a copy of the email I sent the HO. The employee on the desk asked what was happening with the DWP where I explained, yesterday I called to speak with said investigating officer and was advised she was away for THREE weeks:o she is the only one dealing with the income support investigation however and has not passed it to anyone to deal with in her absence yet my benefit remains suspended on her request while she waits for evidence on the one issue that as I stated previously must be evidence to convict me as you don't have to look far for evidence that proves I wasn't at uni or in receipt of any money as my doctor, the hospital, the SLC, my experian report and the bank can confirm I didn't get paid any money and was neither at uni.

Anyway, the gentleman I spoke with from DWP said he would contact the investigating officer from HB to see where they were at and as I also explained the lack of communication he promised to get the HB officer to call me. However half hour later he called to say he was unable to get hold of the HB officer and today nobody has thought to contact me again outlining the lack of communication between departments and how hard it is for myself to get information either.

The employee on the desk who took my letter suggested I raise a complaint with the investigating officers superiors and promised to send my letter over ASAP marking as urgent asking them to look at the Notice of Seeking Possession which I also copied and attached along with the information so kindly supplied by my ever helpful HO who has not as yet acknowledged the email I sent him either.:rolleyes: again I wont hold my breath CLA are calling me on friday as tomorrow is the 12th (14DAY ETC) so if by friday it still has not been dealt with they intend to call again and find out what the situation is and what the next step will be.

Update: The 14 day period has elapsed and 1 day later no housing benefit has been sorted so I am going to redraft my original letter to the Ombudsman as I had already wrote the letter but held off posting to give them time. I intend to get that in the post today and make an appointment to see my MP also, as I have still had no word from the investigating officers either.

Atta girl, stick to you guns and timetable. keep chipping away at them. You are showing yourself in good favour by being reasonable (this is the view a court would take, should it get to that stage).. we are all rooting for you, Stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Thank you stonedecroze :) I have yet another headache :( and no I have not been drinking:p These daily migraines are just a token of having to deal with this rubbish day in day out.

I have just come off the phone with Nationwide so I am about to go update that one now.

Finally completed emailing letter and scanning and emailing every document relevant to the ombudsman. ((PHEW:o)) AT LEAST ITS ONE LESS THING FOR MONDAY MORNING, HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND FOLKS:p

you have a good one too SSE

c03b5104.jpg

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Update: I received a call from the Ombudsman service and after a lengthy conversation the outcome is that the complaint has to go through the council complaints procedure before they can act on it. So they have emailed it through to complaints I was advised they had 12 weeks in which to look into my complaint however she was backdating the complaint to the 4th June so they only have the remaining time to look at it. I was advised to contact housing and request all action be held pending investigation, she said she was not sure this would work but sometimes it does. And as the Ombudsman could not investigate DWP she gave me a number to contact to get that dealt with. They are keeping my case on file, so should it not be resolved within the time scale by the council's complaints team then she would contact me however she said either way she would contact me at the end of the remaining period the council had to in which to try and resolve it.

So I am about to make my next call;)

I don't think they have much choice but to put your case on hold now... considering the saga so far, and the fact that the Ombudsman is involved now. Light at the end of the tunnel at last.. maybe (unless its nighttime at the other end lol).

Take care... keep at it.

Regards etc.

I don't think they have much choice but to put your case on hold now... considering the saga so far, and the fact that the Ombudsman is involved now. Light at the end of the tunnel at last.. maybe (unless its nighttime at the other end lol).

Take care... keep at it.

Regards etc.

I can only hope just about to call them now after chasing tom dick and harry :D

They were unable to get hold of my housing officer:o so typical ay lol so I guess I have to wait for him to call me lol, I wish there were five of me I am so over stretched I have my lil one here driving me crazy poor thing she is two and keeps telling me she is bored:o I am supposed to be home schooling my son alongside all my other stresses and have the educational people coming here today for an appointment and I have been up making calls regarding one matter and another. No joke I feel like I am about to burst a blood vessel with the constant migraines and have had earache for 3 days now also...God knows how I try to laugh and remain smiling while popping the co codamol:razz:

but yesterday's post from gni did make me laugh so I am grateful through all this I have not lost my sense of humour:D

Edited by sweetnsexyenglish
Cant be seen spelling incorrectly and I am home schooling my son....that's just unacceptable :s

Just got back and had this response:

I acknowledge receipt of your email to Ken Purchase, MP which was forwarded to Mark Henderson at xxxxxxxxxx Homes today. I can inform you that your enquiry has been passed to Nigel Homer, Area Manager to investigate who will respond to Ken Purchase direct with a copy to you by no later than 1st July 2008.

Ruth Hickman | PA & Support Services Manager

So what you think the verdict will be?:o ps....and the Housing Officer has not called, which does not suprise me, now you have an idea what I am up against!

Another day passed and still no phone call received from my housing officer or any of the benefits investigators poor DWP investigator is going to get back to work and find her behind being investigated that will teach her!!

Also received letter from MP where he writes:

I have carefully read your email of 14th June and can appreciate that your chronic financial circumstances are clearly a source of intense anxiety for you.

My urgent advice to you is to make an early appointment with the Citizens' Advice Bureau in order to arrange debt counselling and possible representation, if necessary. In the meantime I will speak to Wolverhampton Homes to see if they will hold on pursuing the Notice Seeking Possession until they have received representations from the CAB.

Update: The housing officer finally called me back though he seems to be a bit on the defensive poor guy:rolleyes:, I am having to reassure him my complaint does highlight that due to various factors other departments are held up. And on that note I sent DWP my formal complaint also.

I'm just not in the mood though, I have things I want to do and my migraine attacks are getting worse I wanna cry, called the doc they have no surgery on a Thursday afternoon so I have to wait and call tomorrow for an emergency appointment:( I know what the doctor will say, which is that I need to stay away from caffeine but the problem is I have tried to stop and 1 day without coffee makes the migraines worse now I am literally feeling physically sick so I guess today is another day I wont get much achieved until the pain subsides:(

does anyone have any ideas for remedies?

Not much help, but the only thing I can say is that you shouldn't let them get away with any of this. Of course they will try and blame other people or something, so that they appear blameless, but the point is.. it's affecting your health, and something needs to be done. I just hope the Ombudsman rules in your favour... it will only mean a few slapped wrists, but they will come grovelling apologies to you after... and if they don't, you should demand one. Name and shame them in the local paper even!!

With the DWP, you should push them to admit they made an error... then you should demand financial compensation. It's not obligatory, but push for it anyway.

The problem with bureaucracy is that.. nobody is to blame.. they all get off, and you are left to pick up the pieces...

Not much help, but the only thing I can say is that you shouldn't let them get away with any of this. Of course they will try and blame other people or something, so that they appear blameless, but the point is.. it's affecting your health, and something needs to be done. I just hope the Ombudsman rules in your favour... it will only mean a few slapped wrists, but they will come grovelling apologies to you after... and if they don't, you should demand one. Name and shame them in the local paper even!!

With the DWP, you should push them to admit they made an error... then you should demand financial compensation. It's not obligatory, but push for it anyway.

The problem with bureaucracy is that.. nobody is to blame.. they all get off, and you are left to pick up the pieces...

Well I will keep on to them and do whatever it takes, at the moment I am taking today easy as My friend has told me off for not taking time for me and de-stressing so today I am having a chill day and tomorrow i will (try) and get up early to make the 8.30 call to my doctor so I can get something for these migraines so that for once I can face a day without pain...My left eye started twitching today its would be truly laughable I can see myself redrawn as a cartoon character with a nervous twitch, not good:lol:

I forgot to add, a trip to the cash point turned into the machine eating my card because my nails were too long for me to grab my card, barcley's refused to look in the machine and retrieve my card as it wasn't one of their own, even though i showed two photo id's of myself one being my drivers licence. The fact that the woman told me I could have stolen the cards even though I was right in front of her with the photo id.

Faced with the prospect of no money my thyroid kicked in on overdrive and I had to fight to keep hold of my emotions and to stop my body jumping around like a pneumatic drill as my breathing started getting out of control :( and all this because I am over stressed and not handling lil amounts of stress good at all:(

I can empathise re your migraines as I suffer too - ask your GP if he will prescribe Zomig (zolmitripan) - I have taken these since over counter medication ceased being effective - approx 15 years on repeat script. Only get 6 tabs per script but I only ever need 1 tab to zap my migraine - no side effects either. They are very expensive (according to my pharmacist approx £15 per tab!) so don't be surprised if your GP doesn't rush to write out the script! If I were you I would tell him that you have tried all over counter migraine relief but that none are effective. Furthermore, if he is not aware of your present dire financial straits, do enlighten him - hopefully if you go into enough detail he'll issue the script just to get rid of you! lol Good luck, let me know how you get on.