[HELP] - GB Group Plc (ID)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

Just received an alert on my from CreditExpert, that company called GB Group Plc (ID) has today conducted a search on my credit file.

search company: GB Group Plc (ID)

search date: 3rd June 2008

search reference: {[REFERENCE REMOVED BY ME]}

name: (unknown) [MY NAME]

date of birth: [MY DOB]

search purpose: Not Recorded

credit type: Not Recorded

balance: £0.00

term: 0

address searched: [MY ADDRESS]

start date: Not Recorded

end date: Not Recorded

duration: Not Recorded

joint application: No

Any one have any idea of who this company is? I've not applied for any credit recently, none what so ever in 2008 to be precise. Nor have I applied to have charges returned, or overdraft increase, or any new insurance, basically nothing that I have been made aware of that a search will be conducted.

I've searched Google for the company and it does have a website, (not posted URL as to not post commercail websites, but on looking at the site, it says "...the UK's leading identity management business..." I've no problem with my identity, I know exactly who I am, I do have several CIFAS warning on my report though, all applied in 2007 for "Victim of impersonation" but these were sorted out by the credit card company(s) last summer.

Whats going through my head now is, has it started all again, my details appearing everywhere, back in 2007 I searched myself on several internet search engines and found my PERSONAL details in 2 forums along with hundreds of other peoples.

I can feel a nose bleed coming on....

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

Hi Hobby

get in contact with credit expert and query the search. explain about potential identity theft issues and ask them to investigate further.

I would also write to the company and ask why they were searching your credit files without your permission.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.