northern rock unseured loan court claim ! - **WON** STRUCK OUT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

C,mon Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!

Any thoughts on this, cant belive what a complete sod the court manager was !!! :evil:

Not happy, it was in front of him in black and white and he would still not strike it out

Sham

Not really, its up to Judges to make orders to strike claims out.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, its up to Judges to make orders to strike claims out.

The judge had already made the order mate and the time was up, it was an "unless" order, so the court staff should have followed the judges orders!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi all and ccm,

Ok, phoned the court this morning and asked if the claim had been struck out , and was told by the nice lady in the court section that my faxed request had been put in front of the judge on the 10th of september.

This is the best bit guys !!!! she said "i cant tell you what the judges decision was, as all the files are in the cupboard and you wont know until we get to them at the end of next week , as we have so much of a backlog we are still working on cases from the 1st september"

Can you belive that !!!!!!!!!!:-?:evil::?:???::roll::-D:eek::grin:;):(:) def going to expload !

Sham

The judge had already made the order mate and the time was up, it was an "unless" order, so the court staff should have followed the judges orders!

No my friend, the court staff have no power to strike out claims. If what you say is correct then this would give court staff power to determine whether or not an Order has been met (no matter how obvious - as in this case).

This is power that only the Judge has. All unmet Orders must pass by the Judge first before being struck out.

I have it on good authority that the court manager does have the power to do this,here is a post to my thread from pt2537

when you speak to the court manager ask if the claimant has filed an AQ as directed by the judge

if they havent, then ask for the case to be struck out without further order, the court manager has the power to do so , so if they refuse refer them to the order by the judge

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I know for a fact that only the Judge can order claims to be struck out and it is improper execution of the law for a clerk to take it upon themselves to determine whether or not any Order made by the Judge has been complied with.

Anyhow, it sounds like the Judge has already made a decision in this case, the clerks just couldn't be bother looking for the file!!

I know for a fact that only the Judge can order claims to be struck out and it is improper execution of the law for a clerk to take it upon themselves to determine whether or not any Order made by the Judge has been complied with.

Anyhow, it sounds like the Judge has already made a decision in this case, the clerks just couldn't be bother looking for the file!!

It seems to me you are determined to argue every bit of advice anyone gives on here, i dont think its helping the majority.

I for one dont have time for it so i wont be answering any of your posts again

It seems to me you are determined to argue every bit of advice anyone gives on here, i dont think its helping the majority.

I for one dont have time for it so i wont be answering any of your posts again

Im disappointed at this pettiness. If I see somebody giving out incorrect information why can I not give my own opinion or indeed question advice given by others? If this site is to benefit people by giving advice on aspects of the law then it is imperative that advice given is questioned and not just taken at face value. At the end of the day, a lot of people may rely on advices given on this site, majority of which come from people with no legal qualifications or experience.

The site will only really benefit people when advice given is proven to be sound by further analysis, questioning (if needed) and explanation.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one CCM. Its a minor point anyway.

I will concede that it is feasible for any particular County Court Judge to direct his Court Manager to strike out claims if a response is ordered from a party and no response is received. However, such direction would be an administrative excercise only and would not be the normal operation of the law. It certainly doesn't work like this in my jurisdiction nor in the OP's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

picked up my post this morning after returning from a rather large stint of working away.

Had one from the court !!! opened it and guess what ?

**STRUCK OUT** !!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:D:D:D

Huge thanks for all who have helped me with these unreasonable toerags. Special thanks to PT2537 the man is a star , also 42 man who helped me get this whole thing going.

But my biggest thanks and a massive round of applause goes to creditcardmug:grin: Mate, i could not have done it without you , thank you so much for all your help.

Gonna go and have a stiff drink and a long sigh of relief now:-D:-D:-D

Regards Sham

:Dexcellent result shammy

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hate to say it, but this is wrong,

a proper officer of the court has the power to strike out a statement of case without the need to go to the judge,

if the judge has issued what is refered to as an Unless order, and such order has not been complied with then the court officer has the power to dismiss the case without further order

Absolutely fantastic news mate, im well pleased for you.

Must admit you had me a bit worried at times though.

Go and have that well earned drink.

Regards CCM

Hate to say it, but this is wrong,

a proper officer of the court has the power to strike out a statement of case without the need to go to the judge,

if the judge has issued what is refered to as an Unless order, and such order has not been complied with then the court officer has the power to dismiss the case without further order

Firstly, it is not a statement of case being struck out here (which can be resubmited by way of application), it is the actual claim.

Secondly, do you purport that a court clerk can take it upon themselves to determine whether or not any party has complied with an Order of the Court?

Sorry, but I believe you're wrong. I maintain that Court Clerks have no power to strike out claims. They do have power to carry out the administrave duty of removing the struck out claim from the list. Claims do not (or technically should not) be automatically struck out by clerks on the back of an Unless order. If any Court office is carrying out such practice it must be doing so at the direction of the presiding Judge.

The correct procedure is for the matter to be put before a Judge to determine whether the Order has been complied with and either execute the unless order or give further time, orders or whatever he sees fit.

And congrats shammy :)

Edited by johndeevoy

"it is improper execution of the law for a clerk to take it upon themselves to determine whether or not any Order made by the Judge has been complied with"

Im surprised you disagree with this statement pt. Its quite clear cut if you think about it.

"it is improper execution of the law for a clerk to take it upon themselves to determine whether or not any Order made by the Judge has been complied with"

Im surprised you disagree with this statement pt. Its quite clear cut if you think about it.

No, a Proper Officer of the court NOT A CLERK, there is a difference

I have spoken with the court manager at Southampton CC on a number of occasions and had cases struck out without the case being laid back before the judge

however, a clerk does not have the authority to carry out such an action , see CPR part 3 and PD 3