Argos tv help please

elektracorsa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey all,

my first thread :D, ok my tv is 2 1/2 years old and i have a three year warrantee. My tv has got problems with staying on and the hd components.

I want a new tv and not a repair, any help ?

They are sending someone on wednesday to take a look, what can i do to to help?

It is fully under warrantee.

Many thanks

I doubt you will get a new TV. A repair will be teh best to expect. If they cannot repair then a replacement may be given. You may be better claiming under Sale of Goods than under a warranty depending on the nature.

You wont get a new TV, nor are you in any way entitled to one. Be happy with your repair.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

• 4 months later...

I used to.

But then, I am allowed to say that, as that is his legal right. I am all for consumer rights, but everyone with knowledge on this forum(not just me) knows that the OP is not entitled to a new TV after 2.5 years.

Anyway, dont resurrect 4 month old threads for the sole purpose of making a trollish post please.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

God you sound a right snob. If this is any indication of how this forum works then maybe I am in the wrong one! The only reason I commented was because of the following which i posted earlier today and doesn't appear anywhere.

For your information .

In late October 2007 we bought a Bush 32 " W/Screen Tv Set. I has after these many months whilst still under warranty it has developed a fault ie it starts up then promptly goes back to standby. We took it back to Argos who were totally disinterested. Saying only that it would have to be repaired giving us a phone number for an organisation who could repair it. No mention of them calling for us.

According to another website this particular model has had this fault reported before.

Anybody have any idea for a course of action to get it replaced?

Thanks

Also some 5 years ago I was successful in getting a TV changed from Argos with apologies!

IT does appear, as I've already replied to that thread!

I'm not being a snob at all, I assist on answering peoples questions. If you dont like the answers, thats not my fault!

With an attitude like that however, I would suggest that you HAVE come on the wrong forum, as we dont particularly appreciate people acting like you are within their first few posts. Be appreciative of the time taken by people to reply and try to help, even if the answer is not what you wanted to hear.

Excuse me I thought you were the one with the Chip on the shoulder of course!!!! However I am sure your not the only adviser. So I will await any reasonable comments.

Edited by chajun

The one with the waht? That makes no sense.

And thats fine, you can accept whatever advice you wish. What I am saying is that to come on here, ask a question, and be offended when the answer is not what you want to hear(especially considering this isnt even your question!) is the wrong attitude to take. However, said my piece.

Mr Shed has only stated what I have also said. And I have no connection with Argos or any other store whatsoever. Oh, and a degree in the subject as well (with a good grade, thank you). Why this sudden outburst?

It was my first post and I receive this! I think a bit much!!!

"

I used to.

But then, I am allowed to say that, as that is his legal right. I am all for consumer rights, but everyone with knowledge on this forum(not just me) knows that the OP is not entitled to a new TV after 2.5 years.

Anyway, dont resurrect 4 month old threads for the sole purpose of making a (trollish post please.)

An apology or a bit of understanding might help!

• Haha 1

I know but why resurrect a 4 month old thread. Your first post was to insult me - not a good start, and the apology could go the other way perhaps..?

FL - I agree, just to make clear though from my point of view, I am happy to when the other poster does, but I will not sit and be belittled or insulted for no good reason and sit back and take it I'm afraid.

As the thread is 4 month old, and the conversation is pointless, may I suggest it is closed anyway...being aware that the poster has another thread open, and I suspect the "bickering" will transfer across..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks