CL Finance?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, my friend has received a CCJ for owing CL Finance £883.72 which she thinks was for Debenhams.

This is where it gets confusing! She had set up a £30.00 per month payment with BCW Group and paid her first instalment. This was for a debt she owed to Time Retail Finance/Thames Credit Ltd? She believed this was the Debenhams account and was paying it off.

Then she got the CCJ through for CL Finance and the debt's gone up to £1008.72 because of court costs.

She phoned up BCW Group, the Court and Thames Credit Ltd this morning to see why she had received the CCJ when she was paying it off with a payment plan and found out that she shouldn't have been paying BCW - because they weren't the ones who owed the debt!

Now she's really unsure who the hell CL Finance are and what the debt is for, she assumed it was all for the same thing (Debenhams).

Is there anyway she can find out before she pays someone else off that she doesn't actually owe any money to?!

Thankyou for the help in advance! These debt collectors are so underhand!!

Did she get all the relevant paperwork from the courts before hand? She would have had to fill in an accknolagment, and then sent back to the court.

I am sure, and please correct me if i am wrong, but can she get a "stay?!?" on the CCJ... I think its a little more complicated that that, and I am sure someone will correct me...

:)

Yeah she got the disclaimer from the court, filled it in and sent it back, but apparently she didn't fill it in 'right' so they were meant to send her another one to complete and they never did and then she got the CCJ.

Oh I forgot to ask - what's a CCA?! Thanks!