Can anyone help with PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Three years ago I took out a loan in the amount of £10000 from Lloyds. Being rubbish in APR's and all other sort of financial stuff I ended up paying £390 a month. This included insurance which I found out a year after I took the loan out. I couldn't afford the loan payments anymore and I called Lloyds to cancel the insurance as I realised it would ahve reduced monthly payments considerably. They refused as insurance can not be cancelled apperantly. After 10-20 calls and almost begging they offered me a consolidation loan which included the loan amount, my credit card and overdraft. This came to £16,000. So since 2004 I have been paying the reduced rate but now the loan is bigger.

Also all this was caused due to payment protection insurance which I didn't even ask for.

I read in some places people claiming this back. Does anyone know how to begin,

i am in the same situation...ready to submit claim against Egg for PPI that i never asked for...amounting to £750....but don't know the wording for the claim...can anyone help please ?

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

• 2 weeks later...

I actioned court with a reply I'll type up later and also sent a letter in:

Thank you for your letter dated 22nd June 2006. I assumed the responsibility would fall under London Road office and due to your unsatisfactory response I have deemed it necessary to action court.

I would like to point out court does not mean a settlement cannot be reached. I am willing to work things out with yourselves and am sorry it has had to go this far. I am hoping this will prompt a more thorough investigation.

I would like to point out your investigation is as flawed as your advice as you have completed your investigation without contacting me.

You have also misunderstood my letter. I was unwilling to meet the branch manager in a bank meeting as I was concerned I would be pushed into something else I had not understood, this is why I asked Mr Taylor to put any concerns in writing. He would not do this and just sent the same letter asking me to come into the branch. Mr Taylor could not explain why the insurance was suitable or refused to put this in writing. I was not offered the chance to cancel my insurance only to refinance the loan.

I am trying to explain this insurance is mis-sold. I require a full refund.

Help me to help others!

Court statement:

Keep in mind court isn't for lawyers only it is about the laymen the little people fighting for their rights so you don't need to be too worried about clever wording.

I have been mis-sold insurance on my loan. I live at home and have always worked at my fathers shop the bank staff are fully aware of this. My fathers shop A Coombs Ltd has banked at the branch since the fifties this insurance is completely inapproprate. Your staff pressured me into this insurance I requested a full refund or for you to explain your actions in court. I have tried to settle this without court action by letter and e-mail still after eleven attempts I was given the same reponse 'Someone will contact me' this has been going on since MArch 06.

I admit not much of a template but don't worry about being clever etc just explain it iss mis0-sold as not suitable as your self-employed or work provides help - or wasn't explained properly and was just added without permission.

Help me to help others!