If it goes to court....

stefbate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just typed out my letter, and its in the envelope ready to be posted, What happens if it goes to court. Do i have to pay court costs? Sorry if its a dumb question, im not really that clued up. But i really need to give it a go, as in the last 5 years the Natwest have taken nearly £4000 off me, the more charges they added the harder it was to keep inside my overdraft. its just a vicious circle.

Natwest- reclaimed £600

LLoydstsb- £522 (about to send 1st letter)

If you keep the total claim to less than £5,000 you would only have to pay the court fee (on a sliding scale from £30 to I think £200) and another £100 if the claim is more than £1,500. This is called the small claims track and each side will normally be responsible for their own costs.

If you get to the stage of issuing a claim make sure that you follow the advice in the FAQ and Libraries sections and ask any questions you have here.

stefbate

That's a huge amount of penalty charges. I still can't understand how they justify this to themselves.

I think you have everyone's full support here on the forum.

Don't back down, don't let them bully you. There are people here who can offer you some very sound advice. FAQ section is the best way to get a foundation on the law and the way that actions should be progressed. Then the library has most, if not all things you'll need.

Once you've read through the relevent topics and spoken to people in a similar position, you'll feel more and more confident that you are in the right the bank is the one in the wrong.

Best of luck mate. :lol:

AG

Thanks for your replys, its much appreciated. I had a read through the FAQ's and saw that it doesnt cost much if it does go to court, thankfully. I then started panicking thinking. OMG im going to have to go into a courtroom and explain why i should have the money back. I am terrible in situations like that. I think i need to calm down and see what happens. Just wait see if i get a reply and go from there. :)

Natwest- reclaimed £600

UPDATE-

Ive just recieved a letter back from the Natwest, Quite prompt too, i only sent the letter off on Monday.

Anyway it says.....

blah blah blah... I am not yet able to answer your concern fully, as i need to look into matters further. I will contact you again within the next 10 working days , either with a full response or to update you on the progress that i have made. However if you need to speak to me regarding this matter, please contact me.......

(manchester customer lending centre).

I was just expecting the usual letter that everyone seems to be getting ' our charges are correct etc etc .'

So now i have a question.... She says she'll contact me in 10 days, what happens if she hasnt done so within MY allowed 14 days, do i still send the next letter, or wait for her correspondance?

Natwest- reclaimed £600

Yes, send the next letter.

You set the pace on this, not the bank.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

Send the next letter. Never stop.

stefbate

Who's the letter from? Natwest have a policy to resolve, or be on the way to resolving customer complaints within 10 days.

Is is Natwest, or RBS?...

AG

Hi, the letter is from sue crompton (customer care at manchester) (natwest).

Thanks for the help, the deadline is for this Sunday, so ill have my letter ready and waiting to be posted by then.

Natwest- reclaimed £600

Hi again, Another update,

Not much to tell really, i got a letter back this morning

saying they believe their charges are correct etc etc.

so now for the next stage.

The 14 days is up on sunday, Ive copied the 'letter before action' into my word document, just need to personalise it.

What i have just been doing is typing all the charges into the spreadsheet.

Im a bit baffled though, i cant work out how to do the8% interest, how do you work it out. (i am so thick , so i appoligise in advance for my stupid question.

Also , does this calculation go in the envelope with the 'letter before action'? or is it for the court ? (if it gets that far).

I have looked in the 'step by step' thread, and FAQ, so unless ive missed it.

thankyou.

Natwest- reclaimed £600

• 2 weeks later...

Well this morning i recieved the standard reply ' cannot answer your query in full will get back to you in 10 days' etc etc. they still have another 8 days in which to reply. ( this is in repsonce to the 'letter before action ' by the way.

Natwest- reclaimed £600

Stefbate, don't let them fob you off with their stalling tactics, keep to YOUR timeframe not theirs. They seem to be doing this to everyone now, 'cannot answer you in full, will respond in XX days' anythingfrom 7 to 21....they're talking bullpoo.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

thanks cheddar. They sent the same letter last time, then 2 days later i got the other later saying ' our charges are reasonable etc' . but my deadline is next week, they have until then to give me my money, then i get the court proceedings under way.

Natwest- reclaimed £600

I requested my partners credit files, and there is no mention of a default (from natwest anyway), but on the letters ive requested the strike to be removed. What should i do? Just wait , and if it does go to court, just explain that i hadnt recieved my credit file at the time. Although i havent yet recieved a file for me yet, i doubt there will be a default against me if my partner doesnt have one, as its a joint account.

Natwest- reclaimed £600

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Natwest- reclaimed £600

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks