Im removing my OSC & DLC - FINALLY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I meant to do this last week but other things came up. However nothing short of Jesus making a miracle return and preventing me going into the shop will stop me, my love for saving money is just too great.

One thing I need to know is the new head office address. When I went in last week it said on the board we have a new head office address, so Im guessing its different to the one posted on this site (please correct me if wrong).

Going to go in Thursday and see how far I get by just 'asking' for it to be removed from my account, I know they will say no, but then I will ask to speak to the manager, who I will present the paperwork to from this site.

When I first took the cover I was told I could not take the TV without it as the manager would not let me, hardly optional.

Any help with the new head office address would be great so I can get a copy sent off to them as well.

Many thanks all!!!

Hi jcmaxed!

You will almost certainly be told you can't remove OSC and DLC.

Please report back and tell us what latest reasons BrightHouse have dreamt up to refuse... ;)

Have your written written request ready when you go in. Don't leave it for any longer. Make sure your letter is given to the manager.

Cheers

Lefty.

PS - nice work on the head office address update, Steven! You'd have thought they would have sent us a "We've moved" postcard, wouldn't you? :)

They can run... but they can'y hide... ;)

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

PS - nice work on the head office address update, Steven! You'd have thought they would have sent us a "We've moved" postcard, wouldn't you?

Yes, you would have thought they would have been anxious lest they missed any of our correspondence :rolleyes:

hmm maybe they got a taste of there own medicine

(image of debt collector banging on head office door demanding payment immediatly, spouting illegal threats about how to reclaim money they owed someone after a court case)

and just moved to avoid it.....

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Im so going to miss them being nice and smiley to me when I walk in to pay, I really thought I had made some new friends:p

Well tommorrow is the day they get there good news that they have one less mug on their books!!

The 42" phillips ambilight will seem so much better sat in my front room knowing Im only paying £9 odd instead of £17.24!!!

And they cant argue about the DLC as I phoned my home insurance and told them my problems with it, they sent me a letter addressed to Brighthouse sating they will take responsibilty for the TV (thankyou Morethan!!)

Will keep you imformed on their excuses Thursday evening when I get back from work.

Im so going to miss them being nice and smiley to me when I walk in to pay, I really thought I had made some new friends:p

Well tommorrow is the day they get there good news that they have one less mug on their books!!

The 42" phillips ambilight will seem so much better sat in my front room knowing Im only paying £9 odd instead of £17.24!!!

And they cant argue about the DLC as I phoned my home insurance and told them my problems with it, they sent me a letter addressed to Brighthouse sating they will take responsibilty for the TV (thankyou Morethan!!)

Will keep you imformed on their excuses Thursday evening when I get back from work.

Go get 'em jcmaxed!

Please feel free to quote CAG (and the official statement from BrightHouse company secretary David Harwood) regarding OSC...

“…BrightHouse offers Optional Service Cover. This offers a convenient and effective means of getting goods, which customers use on a daily basis, repaired quickly and to a reliable standard. In addition it provides “No Quibble Returns” and “Start Where You Left Off” services that help customers with payment problems. These measures assist customers and make our service cover unique...

...This cover is optional, and the customer has the right to cancel it at any time.”

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

Well went down today. The manager was not in so told the person in charge at the time I wanted to cancel all service cover and DLC.

They asked me for my home contents cover letter and the photocopied it, they said its standard protocall they have to ring up and check the item is covered, thats fair enough, already rang them myself to check.

The optional service cover she said she has to speak to the manager who will phone me Friday. She explained what I would be missing out on (a chance to get a 50" model when it comes in....woooooo....but she obviously aint seen my little front room!!).

To be honest, they were very nice about it (still gotta speak to manager though), they didnt turn round and say you cant do that, they didnt talk down to me, to be honest they handled it so far as they I would expect a company to handle that request.

They were even extremely pleasent on me leaving (I was shocked!!).

This is the Blackpool store, and I know Brighthouse are a ripoff, however these sales staff left me feeling pleased and happy when I left which I thought I would feel angry from having my head bitten off that I cant remove it at all.

Still got to speak to the manager by phone tommorow though..........

Well went down today. The manager was not in so told the person in charge at the time I wanted to cancel all service cover and DLC.

They asked me for my home contents cover letter and the photocopied it, they said its standard protocall they have to ring up and check the item is covered, thats fair enough, already rang them myself to check.

The optional service cover she said she has to speak to the manager who will phone me Friday. She explained what I would be missing out on (a chance to get a 50" model when it comes in....woooooo....but she obviously aint seen my little front room!!).

To be honest, they were very nice about it (still gotta speak to manager though), they didnt turn round and say you cant do that, they didnt talk down to me, to be honest they handled it so far as they I would expect a company to handle that request.

They were even extremely pleasent on me leaving (I was shocked!!).

This is the Blackpool store, and I know Brighthouse are a ripoff, however these sales staff left me feeling pleased and happy when I left which I thought I would feel angry from having my head bitten off that I cant remove it at all.

Still got to speak to the manager by phone tommorow though..........

That is brilliant, and exactly the kind of service one should expect from a national high street retailer.

Credit where it's due.

Cheers

Lefty

(See! I am not completely biased. I like nothing more than to see a fair sense of balance now and again. I genuinely hope we hear more comments like this in the future.)

;)