Help with my LCD TV from Acer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my first post, so sorry if its in the wrong area.

Been reading a lot on this site and its fantastic (already helped me with the stupid service cover from Brighthouse!!...Thanks!!)

Anyway.....

I purchased a 32" LCD from Ebuyer on 08/12/2005 and arrived next day. A few weeks into having the TV a fault occured, a red grain all over the picture especially on very dark or very light areas, basically unwatchable.

I contacted Acer as it came with a 2yr warrenty and they sent an engineer round to fix it. The fix worked, for about 4 months when it happened again. Once again I contacted Acer and another engineer came out to repair, once again it was fixed.

About 6 months later it happened again, this time they took the TV away and replaced the screen. I recieved it back after about 2 weeks and it was fantastic, till about 6 months later. An engineer came round and replaced the main board. It worked again, but failed a couple of months later, about a month or 2 before the warrenty was due to expire, again this fix worked a treat.

Now my problem is that the problem has occured again, the warrenty is out and Im stuck with a TV that I cant use properly, especially when watching dvds or playing on my 360.

Where do I stand with this as this is a problem that I have had since I bought this TV and its very annoying. Some advice on what to say or do before I ring Acer up would be great and extremely appreciated.

Many thanks all, and if you need any more info I will post up on here.

As the warranty has expired ACER legally have to do nothing, they are only legally contracted to follow the warranty they offer you and no more.

You need to take the argument to ebuyer, tell them the product keeps failing and after repair from Acer is still not working, and that you require them to repair it under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) Section 48. The faults with the product have been present in the product since purchase and the TV is not fit for purpose.

On another note having it repairing without going via ebuyer might make it difficult for you, as you need to prove that the product isn't of satisfactory quality at the time of purchase, and not caused by anything else.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

I'm not sure there's much you can do about this now.

The set failed and was repaired many times during the warranty period.

That is when you should have gone back to the seller and rejected the set under the SOGA on the basis that it was not fit for purpose.

Even if you have documents which prove the set has been repaired many times, now it is out of warranty Ebuyer are unlikely to be sympathetic or helpful.

Perhaps the best you could hope for is to kick up a stink and then negotiate a discount on a replacement set.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)