T-MOBILE - Cancel within 14 days but problem?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

10 days ago I toook out 2 contracts with T-Mobile. 1 was on a mobile broadband service at £15 a month, the other on a new phone again at £15 a month. Basically the signal is terrible on both the phone and the broadband takes ages to load on the screen and after 10 days I am fed up of having to hold my phone up to the window and keep pressing redial and I want to go back to my old service provider (o2) who I have been with for the last 3 years. (possibly to look at broadband also). I have got all the boxes etc and planned to box it all up and take it back into the T mobile shop tomorrow and ask for the contract to be cancelled quoting the 14 day cooling off period. However after 10 days (I know!) I have noticed a there is a slight cosmetic scratch now on the phone and I dont know now what to do? The phone signal in the area is pretty useless which in turn makes the contract pointless, What are they likely to do?

Cheers

If it was accidental and not too bad, polish it up as best you can and return as planned. Phone them up in advance and get the name of someone so that they know your coming. An issue of coverage (lack of) is grounds for cancellation. If they damage to the handset is very bad, you can still cancel the contract (one isn't dependant on the other) but they could insist the phone is replaced, and that could be pricey.

Thanks for that Buzby,

One thing I did think of last night (I can take it back uintil tomorrow) was that i could order an upgrade on my old contract. (I haven't cancelled that one yet) I like the phone so I could upgrade and get that phone and just give that one to T-Mobile and keep the scatched one. To be fair the scatch is not bad but is noticable.

Hi Robokop,

You may come unstuck if they compare the Serial numbers of the Mobiles to the Cartons and the Invoicing or paperwork.

I only say this because I was in a similar situation and they caught on to what I was planning to do, but I knew the branch manager personaly who sorted it out for me.

Is the scratch on a removable panel or cover? If yes then you could go ahead with your idea of a swap around with the scratched panel or cover only.

If not I would be inclined to do as "Buzby" has sujusted.

5layer

Started claim with Halifax on 30/04/08

Sent 1st letter for bank charges and interest

If this has been helpful then please give the Scales a click. Thanks

Cheers 5Layer,

As Buzby suggests one is not dependent on the other so ultimatly I still need to cancel the contract, all it means is I may have to pay for the phone and I can still flog one of them on ebay. Better that paying over £300 for a contact I cant use!

Cheers All.

• 2 weeks later...

did it all get sorted out ok?

If i have helped you please click the scales :)

I am here on my own quest for help, although i work for T-Mobile and will gladly assist where i can i am not here as a company representative.

I am not legally qualified, if in doubt seek professional assistance :)

can i ask random question... whats the difference between gold, basic and plat membership?

Continue to Cliam the Right!:-)

About a tenner a month.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

did it all get sorted out ok?

Yes! After all that I walked in the store and gave them all the stuff back, They didn't even check the phone!

LOL!