Arrogant, rude & petty ticket inspectors - a solution

Guest chezsu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yawn!

There you go turning it into a 'them & us' battle of staff V a very small % of passengers.

As it's clearly not obvious enough for you: it is the COMPANY that sets the rules (or more accurately an agreement between all the companies and the legislative actions taken), the staff merely have to ensure they are used appropriately.

Just as all passengers have to comply to those conditions and laws in whole, if the majority of passengers disagreed with the conditions and laws they would have been changed long ago.

It is NOT and never will be some sort of battle of wills between 'the poor downtrodden passenger and the power crazed ticketing staff' as a few of the more fevered imaginations would have you believe both herein and in the press occasionally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My local line has the answer! Issue silly looking hats! Hard to take a chap seriously if he is wearing a woolly hat with a company logo. Whatever happened to the formal and imposing British Rail 'goldie' hats that gave an air of superiority to an 'Inspector'?

My local line has the answer! Issue silly looking hats! Hard to take a chap seriously if he is wearing a woolly hat with a company logo. Whatever happened to the formal and imposing British Rail 'goldie' hats that gave an air of superiority to an 'Inspector'?
The company I work for done that a while ago, but only to Station assistants...Revenue staff had their standard 'traffic warden' hats though....

well, good joke, but i'm sure the Police would've searched him at the station and found those cards, unless he was pulling them out from where the sun doesn't shine.

I too have a card carrying friend. He got stopped for erratic driving the other day and the police obviously suspected him of drinking and driving. He was first asked to blow into the machine, but gave a card to the copper with "Asthmatic. Unable to give breath samples."

OK, back to the nick and we'll get the doc to draw blood, says the copper. So he produces another card: "Haemophiliac. Unable to give blood."

Right, I take it you have no objection to a urine sample then, says plod. At which point my mate produces his trump card:

"Newcastle United supporter. Don't take the p!ss."

well, good joke, but i'm sure the Police would've searched him at the station and found those cards, unless he was pulling them out from where the sun doesn't shine.

And even then they would have found 'em ;)