Please Help UKPC PCN, what shall i say to them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner pulled over and parked in a car park for a clinic a few weeks back at 9 o'clock at night to go be sick as he'd been rather unwell at the time, it was very dark and he didnt see any of UKPC's parking notices. It is a private permit holders carpark that they manage and there was noone else around. When he came back to the car 10 or so minutes later they had left him a notice saying he'd receive a letter in due course with the fine which he did with an accompanying picture of his car.

My point is this, surely there is provision in our law for persons who are rendered unfit to drive to be able to pull over for a short time without being issued a ticket!? I'm also aware that there is this issue of contract law however he has already corresponded with this company and admitted to being the driver and explaining the situation and obviously they didnt care. Surely if he didnt see the signs due to bad lighting he cant have entered into a contract? That being said when we went back to the car park a few days later the signs are rather obvious in the day light! Also surely trying to claim £90 when it is not a pay and display is totally unfair and disproportianate a penalty for any loss they could have incurred, it cannot have cost £90 for one person to have slapped a piece of paper on the car or to type a letter up demanding payment.

My question is what is the best approach to this? They have lost no revenue in the parking so cannot claim it back as compensation, i was thinking of offering them £4, working on the basis on the national minimum wage that it took a person 5 minutes to write a ticket = approx 0.50p someone 10 mins to type a letter x2 so £2.00 and £1.00p to cover their postage and 50p goodwill just to round it up and keep it nice! :) i think that is a pretty fair compensation package for the revenue they have lost in dealing with the ticket.

Its all just a bit overwhelming knowing where to begin!

First off DO NOT pay them a penny. Do not write to them and do not offer them anything

Second off do nothing until they contact you, let them get your details from the DVLA (that will cost them £2.50)

Third off when they do write to you, use one of the template letters to reply.

They are not entitled to charge you anything since they have lost nothing.

Mossycat

Kathfar,

At the risk of sounding boring - do wot Mossycat has said [you have learned well, young Skywalker]

There is a whole industry that has been built up around duping people into believing that these private tickets are enforceable - in the vast majority of cases, they aren't.

If you have time read the links which explain all:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Thankyou all for your replies however my problem is this, so incensed was my partner he immediately replied (this was a few weeks ago) and basically more or less admitted to being the driver and told them to get lost as he was parked late at night very briefly, did not see any signs and that the charge is so ridiculously disproportionate considering his offence of parking in a "free" car park.

Needless to say he received a letter back completely ignoring and not referring to any of his points demanding even more money and now he wants me to get him out of it! :o

Ive read everything i can on the site and must say i feel slightly better armed in writing to them once and letting them know that not only is their penalty unfair unjust and in no means an accurate reflection of lost revenue, not only do they need to provide evidence that my partner willingly entered into any contract with them but that we are protected by such outrageous demands under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regualtions 1999 (are we really??) and that any further contact by them will be considered threatening and harassment by ourselves and will be dealt with accordingly.

You know i can understand the necessity by some to protect their car parks from being abused but to know that the company you have employed are nothing more than bullying thieving ratbags and to turn a blind eye astounds me. This car park is for a clinic (open to members of the public incidentally!) and a library and they both made out that they dont receive a penny from UKPC they (UKPC) keep all the money they collect and that they cant do anything about the tickets, surely this is a downright lie? Surely there is some provision with the contract between the two for the "employers" to cancel a ticket they deem inappropriate, after all do they willingly cough up when one has been slapped on their car? I sincerely doubt it. It just seems to me there is little room in this world now for expressions of kindness, understanding and living and let live. Or perhaps even admitting there is room for doubt or error on ones part. Everyone is out for what they can get and give little thought to the consequences or effect it may have on others and quite frankly it really pee's me off. What is wrong with these people! what is wrong with the world! God i could go on forever!!! Rant over :D

I am having similar problems with UKPC but have refused to pay and now being threatened by court action etc.

Stick to your guns and do not pay them.

hi all,

think i have won with ukpc have not heard a thing now for at least 2 months now, last thing i did was to call hunter forrest to confirm that the so called debt was in dispute and to refer back to ukpc since then all quite on the western front