Freedom Of Information And The Dvla

ICO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone !!!

Problem with the DVLA in a nutshell, the full story would take a month to read:

Car stolen in 2006, SORN, car tax claimed back etc

2008 - Lovely fine. No SORN received apparently

I've wrote to them so many times now, possibly wasted half a tree. Nothing short of waiting outside to have it out with them they keep responding with the same thing, pay up or else !!

Latest situation is they are refusing to accept the copy of the letter sent in Jan 07 again stating the vehicle was written off. I've had it out with them with regards to section 7 of the interpretation act !

My other line of defence is that we made a call to them about 3 days before the letter was sent, in which the highly trained staff advised me to write to them saying the same thing. I have proof that I made the call, date time and everything and I also have confirmation that the DVLA record all calls.

Can I request a copy of the transcript of the call under the freedom of information act ???

Any advice would be helpful :)

Thanks for that, I have just spoken to them and they have advised I can make a request in wiriting, again posting it to them . . . . . mmmmm, I wonder if this letter will go astray too ??!!!!

I have had a look and it appears to be a subject access request I need to send to them, I can see the template for bank charges, but I am not great with letters and could do with some help.

Does anyone have a template or can help me write a SAR letter for the phone call made to them ????

I know have the hard proof from the phone company about the calls.

Thanks again to everyone ! :-)

They probably have their own form they'll want you to fill in, along with ther required fee (no more than £10) - So just send a letter saying you wish to exercise your rights under the DPA and wish to make a Subject Access Request. Also give them your Driver Reference Number and any relevant vehicle registration numbers.