Can I register VOIP in telephone directory to my house?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I register a VOIP number to a telephone database/directory, so the voip number is linked to my address?, so when people have a look at the directory/database it will show the voip and my address link

You should be able to decide whether or not you want your VoIP number included in telephone directories, but it all depends on the provider.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I've been searching all day and can't find a provider that will link the voip number to my home address and include it in a phone book/database, so if any friends want to find my number or any companies wish to conatct me, they can use the database and find my number, or type in my address and get the voip number, would really appreciate help on this, thank you

You should be able to decide whether or not you want your VoIP number included in telephone directories, but it all depends on the provider.

My understanding is that when the VoIP provider assigns you a telephone number, they must inform you of your right to an entry in the directory, the different categories of records i.e. listed, unlisted or ex-directory and the functionality associated with each category. However, I can't find a definitive answer to this anywhere.

If you have a preferred supplier for VoIP then a phone call to them in the first instance to see what they have to say would be a good start.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.