Virgin - Bigger con that £4 non DD charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Friday the 4th I had an email extolling the fact that the tech service for Virgin Media is to be made FREE.

I posted it here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/broadband-other-internet-issues/137451-good-news-virgin-customers.html - a few days ago.

The email has a bright red background and at the bottom in the smallest font available and coloured blue so it is very difficult to see is a link.

On the end of that link is what is shown below, there is no mention in my latest bill received or in the email.

"

Changes to our service - coming soon.

All you need to know about the changes

Got a head full of questions about the changes? Then you've come to the right place. Find the answers fast.

When do the price changes happen?

All of the changes are happening from 1st June 2008. But since you pay for your services a month in advance, you'll see these in your May bill.

How will the cost of Virgin Media services change?

Here's what's changing from 1st June:

• The price of TV XL will increase by £1.50 per month
  • TV Choice on Demand will increase by £2 per month (though if you're on TV XL, it's included free)
  • If you make calls during the day to UK landlines (that's numbers starting 01, 02 and 03), they'll cost 4p a minute, instead of 3.25p a minute from the 1st June. However, if your call plan already includes daytime calls, this change won't affect you at all. You'll pay the same great monthly rate.

How are the bundle prices changing?

From 1st June, your bundle will cost £1 more per month. But if you switch to paperless bills, you won't pay a penny more. We're doubling the discount you get for using our ebill service. So switch today and start saving.

What happens if I was guaranteed a promotional bundle price when I joined?

You'll pay the same price we promised you until the promotional period runs out, just as long as you switch to paperless billing. So for example, if you snapped up this offer: '£4.50 Broadband for 12 months when you take a phone line', switch to paperless bills and you'll still pay just £4.50 a month and help save the planet while you're at it.

Switch to paperless bills and pay less

Why not be kinder to the environment and get your bills on-line with paperless billing? We've doubled the discount we give our ebilling customers. So sign up before 2nd May and we'll take £1 per month off your bill every month from 1 June. "

How sneaky is that.

..................................... switch to paperless bills and you'll still pay just £4.50 a month and help save the planet while you're at it.

Switch to paperless bills and pay less

Why not be kinder to the environment and get your bills on-line with paperless billing? We've doubled the discount we give our ebilling customers. So sign up before 2nd May and we'll take £1 per month off your bill every month from 1 June. "

How sneaky is that.

Very sneaky Conniff.

I hate the reference to paperless billing and saving the planet. That is only to try and detract attention from their real motives.