Crackdown on Garages

Conniff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some garages in Plymouth are not servicing cars correctly or are charging for unnecessary work, a covert operation by Plymouth Trading Standards has revealed.

In some cases, mechanics asked by a mystery shopper to service their vehicle missed obviously dangerous faults such as low brake fluid. And Trading Standards warn that paying more or going to a main dealer does not guarantee a better job, with different garages charging up to £50 more for the same service.

In a recent operation, five unnamed garages were selected randomly and asked to service cars they did not know had previously been inspected by an independent vehicle examiner.

Faults such as blown bulbs and flat spare tyres were deliberately introduced and the cars re-inspected after being serviced to see if the problems had been fixed.

Senior Fair Trading officer Peter Spiers said: "Some garages missed relatively minor work like checking for correct tyre pressures and lubricating door hinges. Others missed more serious matters such as low brake fluid levels, and some claimed unnecessary work needed doing. This demonstrates how important it is for businesses to keep up to date with the law that applies to them and to make checks on the work being carried out by their staff."

The Herald has learned that Plymouth Trading Standards received more than 130 complaints about garages in Plymouth last year.

Full story here:

this is plymouth - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

Doesn't surprise me - I think this happens in a lot of garages.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

GARAGE WASTED MY TIME AND LIED TO ME MANY TIMES WHEN I ASKED THE PROGRESS ON THE REPAIRS( EG) 1)THEY TOLD ME THE WARRANTY COMPANY WAS TAKING A LONG TIME TO RESPOND WHEN THEY DID NOT EVEN RING THEM FOR A MONTH ! SO MY CAR WAS JUST PARKED THERE .

2)ACCORDING TO THE WARRANTY COMPANY i was to pay an extra £150 topping up what they paid but the garage came up with claims of a leaking rediator and i ended up paying an extra £450 .

Now within 2 weeks the car started cutting out in the middle of the road and stopping completly.i ve taken the car to them on 31 march and today is the 4th april im being told a story every day, i ve actually been told of another bill of £245 for a cambelt sensor which i believe they missed when they were replacing the belt ,they should have picked it up b4 they gave the car to me in the first place! Can any one help !! im not even being told when im going to get my car back ! my job is all to do with a car ,without a car im grounded .

im so stressed!:confused:

Hmmm

Poor workmanship in the Motor Trade has for a long time been a nice easy time filler for Trading Standards officers too stupid for real work.

Has anyone considered a crackdown on customers. for instance those who shout by leaving CAPS lock on whilst posting.

Is it me or does the post above not make any sense at all :)

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.