Catalogues - Having Problems Paying

masjntt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Im after some help here. A few years back I applied with a catalogue via Argos Additions and opened a flexible account with them. This was running ok so not long after I opened one with LX direct. Both applied for online.

I ve been making repayments regularly on both accounts and am aware that both are now actually owned by Littlewoods.

The past twelve months I ve been struggling to pay them as I am no longer able to work through sickness etc. I ve always used to make a monthly payment which was sufficient, however now the payments seem to be due every 4 weeks so technically over a year they are asking for 13 "monthly" payments as opposed to 12 ...........hope that made sense lol

This appears to be why I am struggling, so technically I am always a payment behind. Can anyone suggest whether its worth me trying to negotiate with them to see if I can have a fixed payment scheme?? If so are there any template letters I could use??

I keep incurring late payment charges and am sure they are making notes to this effect on my credit file, Im happy to make the repayments but want to avoid the charges and negativity on my credit file if at all possible.

If anyone has any advice it will be greatfully recieved

Thanks Jx

Hi

Did you pay any Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) payments? If so that might help.

You can write to them, explain your circumstances and ask if they can help. If not - or there are strings - say so here. There would be more to try.

Grumpy