What's Happening to Solution Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off my request to get all my last 6 years statements and charges for Solution Finance on 15th Feb this year, i finally get a reply from Barclaycard saying that my account has been sold on to Solutions (who i sent the letter to in the first place) and that there was no account oh and they also crossed out all telephone numbers on the letter so i can't ring them. I found an old statement by Solution Finance and rang the customer Services number up and it says it was Littlewoods and all accounts have been passed on to Debt Collection Agencies.

Who can i go to, to get my statements as i'm owed more than my balance in charges. Will the Debt Collection people have them i've recieved a letter from them today

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent off my request to get all my last 6 years statements and charges for Solution Finance on 15th Feb this year, i finally get a reply from Barclaycard saying that my account has been sold on to Solutions (who i sent the letter to in the first place) and that there was no account oh and they also crossed out all telephone numbers on the letter so i can't ring them. I found an old statement by Solution Finance and rang the customer Services number up and it says it was Littlewoods and all accounts have been passed on to Debt Collection Agencies.

Who can i go to, to get my statements as i'm owed more than my balance in charges. Will the Debt Collection people have them i've recieved a letter from them today

As far as i am aware it is the original creditor who usually holds all the original data. Who has most recently been in contact with you regarding this debt?

See if others can help shed any light on this.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Ithink i've sorted it now, i spoke to CapQuest about it and they said they can get hold of my statements, i just needed to put it in writing so hopefully they will send them to me.

Thanks anyway :)

Aren't Capquest part of Capital One? At this rate you will have contacted evey credit card company there is ;) Just hope that MBNA don't get involved :mad:

I decided to get a copy of my credit file as i haven't looked at them for a while and would you believe it my Solution Finance account as been put to Satisfied :) on the 29/02/2008 but CapQuest are still chasing me for the money "owed". When i last spoke to them the end of March they told me they would send me copies of my statements as i was having no look with Solution Finance personally.

Would it be a good idea to wait until i've recieved them to tell them my account is satisfied incase they don't send them or should i make them aware of the status of my account :confused:

• 1 month later...

Just to update i'm still waiting for the statements to be sent, every 28 days i get a letter from CapQuest telling me they are still waiting for a response from Solution Finance.

What should i do? keep waiting.

Also all 3 of my credit files say that the account has been settled without me making any payment the same happened with my New Look card and they still let me claim charges back, What should i do after they have sent me the statements if they keep pursuing me for the balance as it has apparently been settled :):confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update i've sent the non compliance letter and i also recieved a letter the day before from CapQuest saying that they are still trying to get the info from Solution Finance and that they hope that it will be resolved soon.

I sent my first letter to Solution Finance on the 17th February and it's still not sorted that's why i've sent the non-compliance anyway :)

Just a thought - wouldn't it be funny if Solution Finance went insolvent :grin:

Yep it would, I think they are having problems though, when i rang their customer services a few months ago it turned out to be Littlewoods and when i wrote to them Barclaycard wrote back to me. unless they have changed there address and number

• 1 month later...

I sent the CCA request to Capquest but they haven't returned my Postal Order. It took over two months of sending letters to Solution Finance and still didn't get anywhere and then over another two months for Capquest and they haven't either which is part of them returning it back to Solution Finance. I don't want to send an S.A.R if they are just gonna ignore me/it. although i suppose it helps as the debt they were chasing has been classed as closed since Feb maybe that's why they won't send the statements.

Also this has nothing to do with Solution Finance but could you take a look at another thread i'm doing as i've not had much look with it its http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/148786-abbey-charges-benefits.html. I tried to email you but the link didn't work Thanks

Edited by animal_lover

• 1 month later...

On the letter i've put in post 14, Capquest said they haven't put a Default on my Credit File for the account but i've just recieved my upto date files and they have defaulted the account. Know i have 1 from Solution Finance and 1 from Capquest for the same account. Any ideas on what i can do Thanks AL

No they just said they were/have passed the account back to Solution Finance in the above letter. I haven't heard anything since then until the other day when i sent my S.A.R ( it's taken a while to post as i've been having problems with my wages at work so i've only just managed to do it). In that letter it says they have put the account on hold until the 25th September whilst they investigate it as i sent a letter about not replying to my CCA request after the 12+2+30 days. The balance on the letter is 0 so i don't see why there investigating it. One the above letter it said ofr me to send my S.A.R to them as i've been having trouble getting Solution Finance to reply. Thanks AL

I know there are alot of charges, As when i was out of work for about a year i got charged practically every month plus i had some before that aswell. I hope i can get rid of both of them the Solution One for the charges and the Capquest one as i have proof on my credit file that my account was closed whilst they were trying to collect the debt and before Capquest gave me the default plus with no warning. I wouldn't of known about it if i didn't get my credit file. but i'll keep you updated on the situation. Thanks AL

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally recieved my S.A.R today and on the letter they say they have no Credit Agreement and they haven't enclosed the Default Notice either but i'm owed nearly £800 in charges.

Can I still reclaim the charges?, if there is no Credit Agreement as i wan't to get rid of the Default on my account.

Also there is no details on APR so i can work out the Contractual Interest, as the card is supplied by Barclaycard should i just put there current rate instead?

And before i forget for the interest is it on the standard balance or cash balance

Thanks

AL

Edited by animal_lover
forgot something

What I would do ist to start the process for reclaiming charges and couple it to having the default removed. The various letters in the bank templates library have that option (at least the used to - I haven't looked for a while). If they have sent you statements, then it will have the interest paid on them. You can estimate the proprtion due to charges using the advanced spreadsheet - see my interest tutorial

Hi, Thanks i'll have a look for the letters for reclaiming with the default removal aswell.

The statements are just copies so it doesn't have the APR on it but Solution Fianance are run by Barclaycard so i'll just use there APR also for the other interest it's split into three different ones

interest on your standard balance

interest on your cash balance

interest on your Special Rate Balance

So i'm not sure which one to use for it to work it out

Thanks

AL