OC Health

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

If someone had to attend occupational health regarding health problems and occupational health then send their recommendations (which advised certain tasks not to be done by the employee) back to the persons manager, how long from the manager receiving the recommendations should it take to have a meeting/discussion about it with the employee?

What sort of timescale would be considered as extracting the urine?

Do they have to follow the advice? What happens if they don't and further down the line the employee becomes ill partly as a result of not following the advice?

I was advised by my manager that she would ignore any reccomendations from OH which were outside the new performance management stratergy, which involves excessive and very negative monitoring, 0% failure targets, this accompanied by a roller coaster capability process leading to dismissal - even tho' they are aware this has made me (and others) very ill.

I am also reminded who pays OH's salary.

Ultimately Occupational health can make recommendations but cannot enforce them. The employer has a duty of care to the employee and if they are not acting upon reasonable advice then I would recommend you speak to your own HR department for advice. Its different for all employers but having referred people to Occ health in the past I have usually accomodated most requests within reason.

You dont mention whether you have been referred following an increase in absence or after a long term absence. If the employer is wanting to facilitate a sustained return to work then they should be acting upon it and should they take you down a disciplinary route without following occ health advice then you have a grievance case.

Hope this helps. let me know

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Have I helped? tip the scales

Oh and supplemental to my last post, there isnt generally a time scale but within reasonable time say about 14 days to put in place any actions. If they dont act upon it and you are then off ill because of it then you may have a case of negligence upon your employer.

As I say it all depends upon who you are employed by, I work for a national company with a strict policy regarding health and absence but some smaller companies like to think they are above the law which they are clearly not.

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Have I helped? tip the scales