Didnt validate driving lisence within 2 years, must re-take test? any way around it?

arwyn200
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

im actualy posting on behalf of a friend who has just been informed by the dvla that he has expired the 2 years time limit to validate his lisence (he did not send in his certificate + documents) and so must re-do his theory and practical test!?

initialy i thought he's misunderstood but their web site seems to confirm this. He passed his test 2 years and one month ago. The dvla has record of his theory pass, and excacly when + where he passed his practical, but cannot provide him with a lisence?? this can t be right?

he relies on his car for his teaching studies

any information / advice would be greatly appreciated

I'm afraid that's the way it is. Your friend will have to re-take both the theory and practical tests again. The only upside is that on passing the test next time around there is a system in place now where the succesful candidate can let the driving test examiner forward the licence direct to DVLA for the licence to be upgraded with the full licence category.

thanks for the reply . . . a harsh lesson learnt and a warrant for some teasing i'd say!

not sure what you mean by the upgrade, i assume it s the same category as everyone else who have validated their lisence except he can get the test examiner to do it for him?

thanks again for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Crickey, imagine if he fails his practical next time round :eek: now that would be teasing time!

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

• 2 weeks later...