Can't afford the mortgage payments anymore help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

update... got the court papers so need to get them filled in before i leave on friday. should i send my file to the courts before i go as i want to show them i have done loads to try and help myself and tsb are not playing ball with me? i also want to put in the letter that they would accept a spo. should i ask the judge if they can spead the arrears over the whole of the loan....can he/she do that??? is there any case law to back that up?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fedupwithmuppets, Sorry to hear of your situation and to be honest it is happening to people all over the country . In my opinion you might find yourself not getting anywhere before you go (since it takes lenders 1 hour to answer the phone) , so it could be worse case scenario they repo the property in you absence,at least you have your family together living in the big open expanse of Canada with no headache for a while.:)

Manc1

MANC 1

Fedup

If Im reading you correctly

youre leaving to live in Canada on friday for at least two years.

The house you leaving behind is in negative equity and the organisations holding the charges are being awkward about the renting.

I think I know what Id do and dont leave a forwarding address !!!

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

it has crossed my mind but things like this have a nasty habit of catching up with you when you least expect it...and no we're not leaving a forwarding address just having post redirected to another address in the uk then having it sent on to us. at the end of the day if they repo i know we'll still owe them some money but they can't have money we don't have and we have to have a roof over our heads in canada and if its not bought they can't take that off us so i'm not too fussed, but would like to try and sort it out properly before i go. I dare say they would find us is canada for that kind of money anyway then it would be 100 times worse!

Quite agree - dont forget with the mortgage they can come after you for the shortfall or 12 years.

Is it posible for you to call the court and explain your situation and ask if you can send the file ( the risk is they may loose it) If not you wil have to leave it with someone to send in by recorded delivery or even take in for you.

You need to find out about a telephone hearing or sending a representative anyway.

Make sure you leave a concise summary of all the offers you have made and the fact that you have been ignored. Make it clear and straight to the point a record of your offers and what the reaction has been and send this in with the court papers . Keep a top copy on your file - which is after all only the suporting evidence. At least the judge will then only have to read this.

Take a copy of important paper work with you or at least leave it with someone who can email it to you in case they agree to a telephone conference.

Be very nice to the court people and they may be helpful to you:)

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE