HELP ! Non fault car incident - Hit by penalty

anglosaxon1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so I sent a letter of complaint, I heard nothing until this morning when I get a letter stating that "due to a lapse in policy" an amount of £115 is outstanding and that if it is not paid within 10 days the matter will be forwarded to a collections agency.

So basically I have to pay it right now or they'll ruin my credit score ?

The last time I spoke on the phone to Admiral I asked the woman if she would expect such a premium hike if the same thing happened to her car whilst she was sitting at her desk, her reply was "No, But I would have told them at the start of the policy".

So it's really just a penalty for not telling them.

I only wish that when I had realised the mistake I had not been honest and just cancelled my policy, took out new insurance and declared it with the new company.

So much for being honest eh?

So it's really just a penalty for not telling them.

I still stand by my earlier post in this thread - it is not a penalty. If you had declared it when you first started the policy, then the amount would've been incorporated into the premium anyway.

So, hang on, they answered a complaint letter without mentioning your right to appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service? FAQs - complaints we cover

It would very much help if you were to get a quote with and without the non-fault accident.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I still stand by my earlier post in this thread - it is not a penalty. If you had declared it when you first started the policy, then the amount would've been incorporated into the premium anyway.

I don't dispute this, what I am annoyed about is the fact that a fully insured driver can hit a parked vehicle, admit responsibility, the whole matter is done and dusted smoothly through the third parties insurance.

But simply because this incident ocurred, my premium rises by £115.

Nobody at Admiral will tell me why this is or how that amount was calculated.

BTW the letter I recieved does not appear to be a response to the complaint.