car2403 -v- HFC Bank (Default removal) (Claim 2)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HFC have been naughty, here, because the Default still hasn't been removed.

The consent order explicitly states that it will be removed, so I'm now writing to the CRA's (CallCredit and Equifax) enclosing copies of the Court sealed consent orders and asking them to suppress the Default entries immediately.

I think they will contact HFC, so I'm hoping they will play ball and instruct them to remove it. If they don't, I'll happily apply to the Court for an order of specific performance, but I could be getting ahead of myself there - lets see what happens when I query the CRA's first. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

These Bankers just aren't playing ball... no reply to the letter I sent, but then, I haven't checked my credit file yet so it may have just gone anyway.

I'll hold out another week to see what happens before I bombard them with LBA's regarding Court Orders for Specific Performance and then start harassing (I mean "communicating"!) with the CRA's to fight the battle from both sides.

Dirty, rotten Bankers... :p

Hiya Chris, the credit reference agencies are a law unto themselves, there are very few legal restrictions on what they publish and the information they carry is very one sided.

I have registered a complaint about one entry with experan... they have added my comment... but its under a little icon in the bottom corner of the entry that you have to click on to see and it makes no difference to the entry that has been made against me.

I think it may be time we started lobbying for some legal controls on these companies to make them responsible for the information they publish.

pete

If HFC have agreed to remove it, it will have to be removed.

The CRA will find themselves the subject of a Part 8 Application for an Order of Specific Performance, in that they should remove the Default because HFC have said it should and I've asked, if they don't comply.

I'm tied of messing around with this - it was put to bed long ago and they need to put up and shout up, now.

These Bankers just aren't playing ball... no reply to the letter I sent, but then, I haven't checked my credit file yet so it may have just gone anyway.

I'll hold out another week to see what happens before I bombard them with LBA's regarding Court Orders for Specific Performance and then start harassing (I mean "communicating"!) with the CRA's to fight the battle from both sides.

Dirty, rotten Bankers... :p

Still nothing from these 'nana's, so there's quite a snotty letter (I won't bore you with the details) going off to Equifax and CallCredit now - hopefully, this will be the last of this and the CRA's will simply remove the entries as per the documentation I'm sending them from HFC saying what has been agreed. :|

All this and I still haven't checked my CRA file yet, which I will do this weekend, should I remember. :rolleyes:

I've had a letter from DG saying that HFC had sent a "data update" to the CRA's, but for some reason they haven't actioned it because the update failed. (Whatever!)

They have said they've resent the data flow to the CRA's, so the entry should be removed on Monday, coming.

At least they aren't denying they agreed to remove it!

I'll have to wait to see what happens, but presumably the CRA's (who haven't acknowledged receipt of the letters I've sent them both yet) will just remove this entry once they see/process my letter and see the updates from the Bank.

This will be one to watch - I'll keep the thread up to date, just in case they don't stick to what they've said. (Again! Call me pessimistic! :rolleyes: )

It appears these defaults have now been removed

:D

Congratulations Chris, it looks like you're getting your way at last! :D

Let's hope the defaults aren't sneaked back on at a later date :-|

I guess you'll just have to keep an eye on your credit file. :roll:

Cheers

Rob