BT restricting an unrestricted package

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before I ring them today I wonder if anyone has any advice on this

We used to have business broadband and had a good 4mg download speed for the countryside

We changed to residential in January, and had 1/2mg download we were going to move house so didnt bother calling until last week as weve decided to stay put.

they said it was the usual 10 day settle period and to ring later to have it reset

OH rings saturday and gets told we have been restricted for over useage!

Its been the same speed since we got it he tells them

no well you will have to ring this department on monday

So we are paying for an unlimited download package yet being told we are being restricted

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Your use of the business service has proved that it is achievable and not due to line length and distance from the exchange.

There are greater overheads on a domestic line that could cause this, and you should remember that they all say "up to" when refering to the available speed.

Have another good read of the terms and conditions to acertain what they say and then try to do your correspondence with BT in writing so you have some hard copy of what is being said by them.

Going by the other threads on here, I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting it in black and white, but you should try before taking it further or record the phone calls you make to them.

OK rang them they reckoned we used 33GB! in 9 days, so I asked how come we were restricted from day 1, they couldnt answer

My Hubby rang and got it lifted, clever boy, seems its a mistake on their part yet again, now need to get tech support to sort the Download speed

33Gb in 9 days is rather heavy usage! You should be able to log in to your router, if you have one, and check the usage from there and see if it matches with what BT say.

depends what the usage is ;)

what most seem to forget is that 33g may include or will include any upload too

honey x