Default on Credit File only after 1 month - NTL (Virgin Media)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few months ago, I canceled my telephone/broadband services with NTL after my contract had expired. However, there were some extra charges on my final bill which I contested and decided not to pay until a new final bill was issued. They never responded to me but then they added a Default notice. I was very annoyed because instead of dealing with the complaint they just put the default notice on my credit file. I couldn't get any joy from them so then I decided to settle the account but now I am stuck with a default of £97 on my file for complaining. It is satisfied but it is an adverse information as it is new.

I cannot recall them sending me any default notice. Is there any way I could have this default removed?

Hi, Jaymale.

Have a look at this............

Remove Default Notices on a Credit File - We show you how

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have a look at the thread below, I am in the process of getting rid of a default as well and have challenged it.

Let see what happens.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/118762-virgin-ntl.html?highlight=virgin

Are you then saying that we only need to dispute it with CRA and not even bother to write to NTL/Virgin?

Are you then saying that we only need to dispute it with CRA and not even bother to write to NTL/Virgin?

From what was said on the posted thread YES.

Why else would the CRA be so quick to remove it, but you need to let them know that you know what you are talking about.

I have tried the VIRGIN/NTL route like many others which is just a waste of time,

The way to do it is to give it a go, because as the CRA,s know the telecom companies are not allowed to enter a default as specified above.

If for some reason the CRA refuse to remove it then it is up to yourselves to take it further i.e. to court.

I am challenging this very issue at this very moment.

PLEASE READ THE THREAD BELOW EVERYBODY

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/118762-virgin-ntl.html?highlight=virgin

• 3 weeks later...

That's great news! :D

I feel I have to add though, that in these circumstances... The correct route to take should be contesting the Default with the Credit Reference Agency in question..

They are legally obligated as per the Data Protection Act to follow up the complaint with the information provider, in this case, NTL/Virgin. If they then can't substantiate the Default it must be removed.

I should add further... Non-CCA Defaults are much easier to have removed than regulated CCA Defaults as they don't tend to follow the strict path of the Consumer Credit Act.

Hope that helps some..! :-D

Best wishes, Dave.

You say that If a default cannot be substantiated then it should be removed. In reality that does not happen as the CRA just say you must take it up with the people who put it there in the first place.

I know this because with my Barclaycard account it has a default but Barclays have deleted the account so it can not be substantiated.

The courts are my only way forward now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have had this entry deleted from my Equifax file but not my Experian file.

Virgin claim they no longer deal with Equifax as they no longer deal with them...................th ey will not delete from Experian and Experian will only delete with the permission of Virgin.

This default is not listed on my Callm Credit file.

This is my thread................... ...........

Virgin Media default