Virgin Broadband overcharging/tricked me, please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last 12 months we were on the 20mb broadband and phone package for £35 per month

This year virgin 12 months had passed and it would go to £45, I spoke to some silly idot at customer services, who tried to fob me off with the £45 package, told him no, I was leaving, he said he would speak to his manager

Next day Virgin called, said they would do the same deal as last year £35 for net/phone, BUT when I checked my bill I am being charged £31 for broadband and £18 for the phone, this is way too much, what can I do?

Virgin backtracked on their word, they promised me £35 for net/phone, then charge me £46

Please help, is there a good template letter that I can send to them?

Guest Old_andrew2018

hi

I am not sure, I've not seen one Just write and say what you were promised by their call centre operative.

Regards

andy

Do you have cable TV with Virgin?

What call package do you have on your phone and what discount codes do you have on the bill.

The prices you have stated are not even prices charged by VM (i know as I work for Virgin media sales)

Guest Old_andrew2018

Could it be someone pretending to be a virgin media customer, giving out miss information

• 2 weeks later...

I've had numerous problems with Virgin backtracking on their word, overcharging & charging month after month for paying by card because they can't get the direct debit right. I reckon they went a bit overboard with handing out discounts & now the big bosses are worried about their bonuses. :o

You're not alone tal! :rolleyes:

I haven't got very far myself with complaining yet...but the battle continues.

Good luck

since my father is a pensioner Virging thought they could trick him and increase the bill, instead of lowering it, as they promised to do so

I spoke to customers service - she told me in gibberish standard robot terms, I was paying the right amount, told her I wanted to speak to her manager, he also tried to fob me off, spent 40mins on the phone and finally got it sorted, threatened to leave Virgin........