Advice Please! - SD received from Lowell/RED but credit files are CLEAN!**WON**

PossVox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will try. I have asked the midwife if they would provide a tv but she has said no we will provide a radio.

Like he will accept that.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done PV!

Did you get costs?

We're still waiting for the copy of the judgement to come through from the court, as presumably are Lowells. If it takes much longer, they'll be in breach of the order by the time they get it!

Hi Reg!

No, costs weren't mentioned, I was just SO relieved that he agreed to set it aside!

Once i get the confirmation letter from the court it is going to be stored somewhere safe in case these muppets try again!

I await their next move. They will be in 12+2+30 days default on the 19th and I'm just waiting for a demand for payment from them and then fire the complaints off.

PV :-)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

So pleased for you Possvox - excellent news. I suspect you won't hear from Lowlifes any more but they could sell the debt on to an even lower life. But you will be ready for them now:p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi Goldlady,

It's such a relief that the hearing's over with... I thought at one point that the judge wasn't going to set it aside...he gave me a bit of a hard time asking several times if I could remember taking out a loan!

Thank you for all your personal time, help and support with this... I couldn't have done it without you and CAG! :-)

And yes...I'm ready for the next round if/when it comes along!!!

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

PV you just commented in my own thread which led me here. Absolutely remarkable victory and i am genuinely made up for you. Your posts and the threads of others on here has awakened me massively to DCAs. I only hope my battle is as victorious as yours.

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!

PV you just commented in my own thread which led me here. Absolutely remarkable victory and i am genuinely made up for you. Your posts and the threads of others on here has awakened me massively to DCAs. I only hope my battle is as victorious as yours.

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!

Indeed I did lead you here!

As I said, it would seem that one of the main reasons I got the set aside was down to having my paperwork in order.

If you're confident talking to the monkeys on the phone then that's fine but it's also your word against theirs.

Thank you for your kind words... I'm over the bl***y moon and so relieved it's over!!! :-)

If I hadn't found this brilliant forum and the equally brilliant people who contribute then I'd still be a gibbering wreck... and possibly a bankrupt one to boot! :o

Thanks again

• Haha 1

Just before I retire for the night...

(It's been a busy day preceded by sleepless nights)

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!!!

(and also, thank you all those people who've tickled, tipped or even kicked my scales today...!!!)

PV :D

• Haha 1

Yw Pv.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

In this morning's post:

SetAside.jpg

Still no CCA or any other communication from Leeds Losers.

What next? Let sleeping dogs lie?

PV:-)

If you are still waiting for the CCA, then I'd say it's still their move.

The SD is now officially dead and buried, so I suppose you just have to wait and see what they try next, if anything.

The only thing they have really gained from the SD approach is confirmation of your ID and address, but I guess that was never really in doubt anyway. Unless anyone has a better idea I think the next step is leave it alone for now.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Thanks Dannyboy,

I'm waiting for their 30 days to be up then I'll be firing off my complaints to one and all.:p

just do as danny said really allthough i would do one other thing.

May your self ready with all the paperwork you have regarding this alleged debt.

Make photo copies and make sure you have a file for each of the following ppl.

Your Local Trading standards.

They trading standards.

OFT.

FSO ICO.

For trading standards look in pauls signature and you can find there relivant one.

Then when they have not responded to your request send them a letter putting at the bottom

CC all the above with the TS names in. Like Leeds TS.

That should make them think you are not going to play ball.

In fact on every letter to DCAs/OCs from now on put that and they will know u are being serious.

Thanks for that advice Godmother,

Thanks to CAG, I kept copies of everything in a pocket file. The judge at the set aside hearing stated that I'd done my research and my paperwork was excellent!

I'll run some more copies off and have them ready for the 30 day default date.

I also intend to copy everything to my local MP.

The court order is a little strange. Was the SD actually issued in the name of Red Debt rather than Lowell Financial or Lowell Portfoilio 1 ??? You ought to check and if necessary get the Court to reissue the order with the correct name on......

Hello again Reg,

Yes, my SD was issued in the name of RED Debt Collections.

On my application for a set aside, I wrote "RED Debt Collections (a.k.a. Lowells Financial).

The judge took copies of all letters and I explained to him that they operate under different "trading styles" so I'm happy that all's well and the set aside stands.

The judge did say to me while peering over his glasses, "I'm quite aware how they operate Mr PossVox". So I think he's had some dealings with the Leeds Losers before (allegedly)!!!

Nice one.

remember to get a video camera so u can video the baliffs going in.

We would love to see it.

Go get 'em Reg!

Keep us posted!

• 3 weeks later...

Dam i was looking forward to the baliffs going in.

But on a plus side well done.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I realise that it's months since this thread started but I found this letter on my Photobucket and thought it might give a positive message to those on the forum who are worried when they receive an SD:

SetAside.jpg

They CAN BE BEATEN!!!

• Haha 1

the link does not work as there is not a link

Hi GM,

It's not a link, just the scanned Set Aside document... so that folks can see what they look like and compare with when THEY get their own!

:-)

PV

But we can't see it :(

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin: