Wrongly accused of shoplifting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Major supermarket last week. Saw a police officer by the checkouts when I arrived - thought it was strange. Went to back of store and picked up some bread. Went to checkout. Heard my lady say she was short of change (I would need it for £1.99 from £10 note) so to do her a favour went to next checkout. But delay there (kids waiting in car) so back to first lady. Paid for my stuff and apologised for taking her change. Putting my wallet in pocket when police officer stepped over. Could she have a word? I said sure. She said the security man had told her I was acting suspiciously. She found my behaviour suspicious and known criminal fitting my description known to be in area. Accused me of trying to steal alcohol! From nowhere, two other police appeared. There and then in full view of everyone I was questioned and searched. She even went thru my wallet. Of course they found nothing. Thank God. Horror next as my kids arrived and saw the whole thing. No apology, nothing. I sent for manager. I said the whole thing was a public humiation and a disgrace. He said a supermarket was a public place and what did I expect. I said what about everyone watching; he said he regarded them all as shoplifters until they had paid. Said they'd caught 4 that day already. Can anyone make sense of this? I just can't get the whole thing out of my head. Thanks

Thats terrible I cannot believe that this was dealt with in such a public, humiliating way I would have been devastated, I know stores have to protect themselves but innocent until proven guilty. Maybe complain to the head office of the store giving the managers name ?

:(:confused:Confused, sad,bewildered,befuddled,bemused,disorientated,lonley until I came here, moving forward to :smile::lol: ,trying not to let them drag me down.:cool:

thats just terrible, i have noticed more innocent people are being victimised for nothing, when the real criminals are laughing all the way to the bank,what with foreign prisoners getting £3000 to leave the country,i know this is away from your humiliation, but i can feel for you,i was once actually working in a supermarket, when i was maliciously accused of stealing a guys money from his room, at the flatwe shared,i have never done this, and the police arrived midday at the store, and handcuffed me away, alll on this false accusation,so i know how you feel dont let it worry you, because its this mad country we live in.commonsense doesnt exist anymore.

Thanks for those words of support! It crossed my mind as the Police were already there when I arrived, they were actually looking to pull a few people out and make a public show of them - send out a message....

hi, its actually cowardice that the police behave like this, they just dont tackle crime, no wonder they have a bad image, you only see them in places like this picking on innocent folk, who are stressed and trying to do their shopping, etc when you have the law bending over backwards for the real criminals. they have tuck shops in prsion, for gods sake, it truly is a mad country, i am jumping away again from the police thing, but i will tell you how crazy this place is my local fish and chip shop was open at xmas but sold everything except FISH!! you couldnt make it up.anyway good luck and dont let the supermarket incident get you down, use it as an experience .

Guest Old_andrew2018

I won’t claim to be an expert I’m not however have you considered a written complaint to the supermarkets head office, its worth mentioning the managers comments.

Secondly complaining the police officers superior, I suggest an inspector as least, contact info is to be found on the police forces web site

Regards

Andy

I saw a guy walk out of Asda yesterday with a microwave and dvd or something like. The alarms went off and no-one did anything - he just kept on walking. I have no idea whether he had paid for them but suspect not, as most people would go back in to have the security things disabled. Good place to do a bit of shoplifting I thought at the time:mad:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

you have the support from us, carltona123, clearly an innocent guy doing a bit of shopping in a supermarket, and wanting to get back to your car as the kids were waiting for you,yet stopped by the police! at the checkout.....although its outarageous its also not surprising really, guess i am repeating myself but the police really appear out of touch, i see them like the guys and gals in the salvation army, you hardly see them then when you do , its out of context with society, but the salvation army probably stop more crime than the police, with the good work they do, yes, monday morning, get speaking to the 2 authorities, and dont forget to mention the support you have here and how i got falsely accused at work. it was outrageous!