ge taking me to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all i am being taken to court by GE money for a suspended posession order on my home on 1st April I owe them £2100 plus my next months installment of £575. Now i think i will be able to pay this off before then as my oh has his tax free lump sum from his pension due to him. The thing is i have charges of £800 on my account from ge (only had the loan 1 year) this is £40 per month for late payments and solicitors fees for the court order. Is there anything i can do to get them back.I believe i do not have to pay them yet but i still think it is a shocking amount of money to have to pay them.

Hi, Firstly your lucky to be able to find that extra money so as you said pay the amount owing get that one sorted a s a p.

Secondly do a S A R (Subject Access Request) letter so you can calulate how much those charges are. They have up to 40 days.

Then you can decide what to do from there.

Thirdly. I have had a secured loan for 50.000 only two years ago, fortunate to be able to ask for a settlement figure in the next few weeks

Once I am away from them for good I will hit them hard for the charges.

If this is a loan that you forsee going on for a while they could turn nasty on you. And they are nasty G E beleive me you've only got to read the threads.

Lynn

if i settle up with them why will they turn nasty? Do you mean regarding the charges.Iam tempted to remortgage to get shot of them even though i will pay extra per month, due to arrears.

Hi, No What I ment was, if you claim your charges while you still have a loan with them they can get a bit akward, ie, if you miss other payments.

It's general accepted on the site that if you have a loan with a company that you still deal with i'ts best to wait untill you,ve paid it of.

If you do a remortage, you may find also you will have to pay early redemption fees to GE. Check on your terms and conditions to see how much yo will have to pay.

However, if you do remortgage you would be able to go for those charges with out to many prolems, be prepared for a wait they don't give in that easy.

Hope Iv explained it better

Lynn