Self employed mortgage. Part two. Turned down

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following on to my last thread. My mortgage broker completed an agreement in principle with Abbey and they have turned me down. He says my credit score was too low.

I am using Credit Expert and have checked my files with the other agencies. I have no adverse credit. My broker says it might be I don't have enough credit?

I have a Capital One credit card (£1000 limit) that has been running for about 18 months. No missed payments and the balance paid in full every month. I have a Mint credit card (£3500 limit) that has been running for about 5 months with no missed payments. I have HP for my car (£17000) that has been running for 4 months. My total credit payments amount to about 10% of my monthly income.

I had no difficulty in getting that car loan (It's a PCP with no deposit) so I can't understand why I can't get a mortgage. Apparantly I scored about 15 points less that what Abbey accept.

Any ideas on this? Could it be that my existing credit comittments haven't been running long enough for them to get a clear picture of my payment history? I did have adverse credit in the distant past, but this all dropped off my credit file last year.

I think lenders are being extremely careful about how they lend credit at the moment because of the credit crunch - it could well be that Abbey's criteria has gone up without you realising it and your broker is not yet aware of how it's going to affect his clients.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.