style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On or around the 14th of December '07 I contacted AoL in regards to providing me with a ADSL internet connection. I filled in my details and gave them my card details. The deal was said to be: First month free, £14.99 for the following six months then £19.99 thereafter. On the 14th of January a request was made of my bank for £19.99, my bank declined as my account had no funds, but because the request was made via a direct debit I was charged £35 by my bank. I contacted AoL who told me that the charge was for a dial-up account which they were providing for me as they hadn't managed to set up the ADSL yet. I told them that I hadn't asked for a dial-up, I didn't want a dial-up and could they please give me compensation due to my bank charges, the advisor (in broken English) said that they couldn't give me the £35 back but she would have the amount of the charge (£19.99) paid back to me. This would take up to 21 days. On the 14th of February I was once again charged £19.99 and once again I was charged by my bank for a failed direct debit, I once again contacted AoL who eventually (after I had been cut off twice) put me through to the cancellations department, and cancelled my account. 1)I never set up a direct debit with AoL. 2)On two occasions they tried to remove money from my bank via the direct debit for services I hadn't ordered and had made clear I didn't want. 3)On two occasions they have told me that they would give me money (1st time £19.99, 2nd time unspecified) back. 4)I am still out of pocket for more than £70 - not counting phone calls and excess overdraft fees from my bank. What are my options? I have been told by a friend (who might have no idea) that I can claim for costs associated with a broken contract. I’m not sure if that is the case but I believe that trying to take money from someone for services not requested or unsupplied is fraud. AoL only sent me one letter during this time which was to say that BT couldn't make my phone line ADSL compatible, this was a week before the 2nd charge attempt. I'm still waiting to see if I will be charged again on March 14th. I have contacted Consumer Direct, and spoken to a friend who works for my local CAB. My bank charges are excessive, and I will be looking into that now I have found this site, but ultimately the issue lies with AoL fraudulently removing money (or attempting to) from my bank account.

Hi my mum,

was with AOL and they kept taking money from their credit card even though they had a mac code and moved to sky.

So she called them and asked,because she still had the letter giving her the start date with sky(one of the few times,she's kept letters like that) could 2 companies provide broadband on one phone, bod at other end said that was not possible, she then gave them the date that sky started and asked could they explain why she was still being charged.

They came back with errr, errr,err. So she gave them till her next credit card statement to refund the £40 that they had taken fredulently from her card or she would being going to the credit card company to tell them that they had commited fraud.

Next statement came through and they had refunded the £40, try the same thing.

if not go to the thread AOL playing silly games, it gives internet address, by others on the site, for how to set things going with complaints etc.

Hopefully this will help you.

If it helps tip the scales.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool: