Parking Ticket Enforcement - does it affect credit rating?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife is worried that this parking ticket I am fighting with the Bailiffs is going to affect our credit rating. I have frightened them off with Screw the Bailiff's help, but I haven't paid them. Instead I have actioned a Stat Dec out of time on the original fine stopping enforcement, but Equita are still sending letters (Interestingly the actual Bailiff isn't hassling me anymore it's just the company) and their scare tactics are obviously working on her. While i'm happy to fight them, she is scared that our credit rating will get screwed in the process. I know it isn't affected because I've had this happen to me before, but I can't prove to her that it doesn't. I am right in thinking it doesn't go on there right? Can you point me in the direction of any proof or legislation to help me here?

Many thanks!

Guest Screw The Bailiff

Unpaid parking tickets are not the same as consumer debt.

If you have information you can prove to be false and has been placed with a credit reference agency resulting in you paying a loan/morgage interest rate that is higher than the rate you would otherwise pay, then you can reclaim the difference from both the credit agency and the person passing that information to them under Section 2(1)(b)(ii) of the Fraud Act 2006 to be precise.

OK

I need proof that this isn't going to go on my credit reference of my life isn't going to be worth living as my wife won't just take my word for it.

NO WAY.

The Traffic Enforcment Centre is NOT a Court

It is ATTACHED to the Court and is an admin centre.

All decisions are taken by staff with the TEC.

Do please take my word for this. our office speak with TEC many times each day.

PizzaMaker

I cannot see how this is possible. The Road traffic Act is very clear on this. There is no way that I know that an unpaid PCN can result in a CCJ. If you have any info on this I would be interested.

Guest Screw The Bailiff

Unpaid parking tickets & council tax etc are artificial debts and do not make a credit contract. Its consumer debt information that's placed on a persons credit history.