Co-op are the same as all the other banks

moneydragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Checked my account today like I do most days and as I have managed to get a grip on my money I dont receive charges, well that was up until today.

I was expecting money to go into my account so checked it was there only to notice that co-op had entered a charge of £19.50.

When I checked I was informed that it was a DD that I set up to which I informed them that I had started to complete an online DD but never completed the transaction and had no confirmation from the other party that it had been successful. Therefore should not of been processed.

The returned DD was only for £9.99 which I pointed out and they charged me 19.50 and not only had co-op taken my money they had not informed me of this. The young lad did say that this was on the way to me by which time and not being very sociable in the mornings, I lost it telling him that this was unlawful and put me onto his manager He then ageed to "as a gesture of goodwill" give me have back and told that would do for starters. I also asked what if there was no money in my account this morning, would they then take more without informing me first?

Can they just go ahead and help themselves to my money when they feel like it without letting me know prior?

It seems to me that co-op are as bad as the rest of them:o

I think all banks are the same once there is a lack of funds for something. They're only nice when you don't have problems - in my experience!

It seems to me you need to talk to the company you set the DD up with to confirm the details. Even better, could it be paid by S/O or online bill payment so that you are in control?

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

This is why I only use DD's for companies that have proven to me that they are trustworthy.

In this case you should not lose out the direct debit guarantee says IMMEDIATE refund. It is a pain to get banks to acknowledge this but they signed up to it so they should do it.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.