An interesting dispute that I am having with MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a large debt £16k + with MBNA (it was a lot less but they refuse to stop the interest).

I have had numerous telephone calls from their rude staff whom I have informed that I will only deal with this via letter.

I have an audit trail of letters sent to them to arrange a debt management plan. - they haven't responded to any.

2 weeks ago I sent them a letter via special delivery asking for their internal complaints procedure or I would go to the Financial Ombudsman.

I have received no reply to that either but I am now receiving anonymous text messages.

I also have recordings of telephone conversations which go something like this -

Me - "I want to deal with this by letter please"

Them - "Why is that Mr xxxx?"

Me - "Because I am not comfortable on the telephone"

Them - "We are a telephone bank and will only deal with this on the phone"

Me - "I am a letter customer and I will only deal with this by letter"

Them - "If you are not prepared to deal with this on the phone then we will take further action"

What a bunch of **** bags!

What's my next move?

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

I'd give Consumer Direct a call and explain what you have posted here.

Now they will likely pass you on to Trading Standards, which in itself isn't a bad thing.

Once you have TS involved then I'd consider a report to FOS as well.

Hit them hard ;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I certainly will Curlyben,

They are acting in a terrible way.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

MBNA have been quite the most difficult of my creditors to deal with. I was lucky in that they didn't have my phone numbers, but their automated letters fill a whole A4 ring binder.

The difficulty is that they operate in such a disjointed, disorganised way that it is almost impossible to make any real impact upon them. Whilst you may get a semi-sensible response to one letter, the threat-o-matic continues no matter what. Their correspondence comes from different addresses and departments; I have had stuff from the Republic of Ireland as well as Chester.

In the end I was relieved when they sold the account on (it's now with Equidebt, who've just found out it's been under dispute for months), but MBNA have still failed to comply with a SAR, and are in default of my CCA.

ScarletPimpernel,

I can't believe it but I have just realised that I have never CCA'd or SAR'd MBNA!!!! What a plonka. (Ive had that many debts to deal with its easy to lose track)

I was hoping that MBNA will sell off the debt and I might be able to deal with someone more reasonable.

How are Equidebt?

I have had some good news today at least. Nat West have admitted to no CCA and discharged the agreement as ended!!! :D

Debt Collection Charges

I have had some good news today at least. Nat West have admitted to no CCA and discharged the agreement as ended!!! :grin:

This is great news.

I have one with Equidebt and they are not to bad.

My O/H had a debt with BOS who MBNA bought out. They passed the debt on the 1st Credit. I will say no more.:mad:

Mbna are the lowest form of pond **** just stay cool when they call have fun a bit.

I had a jack russel phone me this morning regarding my account when they know I cant pay more, they still put the pressure on with constant calls.

So I just messed with the woman and said what's your bonus for getting more money from me a bottle of wine ? is it worth it? she lost it and got really mad tehee the worm has turned.

I have sent them the harrasment by phone letter from here with all my details so we will see, just stick to your guns and dont let them get to you.:) X

Will post my story so far with mbna shortly we are in the same boat.

:(:confused:Confused, sad,bewildered,befuddled,bemused,disorientated,lonley until I came here, moving forward to :smile::lol: ,trying not to let them drag me down.:cool:

ScarletPimpernel,

How are Equidebt?

I don't know yet. So far they sent me a letter teling me they'd bought the account from the Moron Bank of North America, to which I replied confirming that it was in dispute. I have yet to see any response, but had to come sausage-side at very short notice for a few days. Perhaps when I return on Friday there'll be something from them.

Given the multi-faceted nature of the dispute, I can't see how they are going to be able to do anything other than sit and wait. Given that MBNA made no meaningful attempt to resolve any of the issues whilst the account was with them, I suspect Eqidebt may have to wait some time.

Well, as expected, two letters from Equidebt were waiting for me. One confirms that the account is disputed, and tells me that Equidebt are 'seeking instruction from our vendors' - I hope they get more sense out of MBNA that I ever could. The other, later, letter is a demand for payment, to which I've sent a complaint in reply.

My conclusion, therefore, is that Equidebt are no different to any other DCA - non-compliant cretins.

Good luck with that ScarletPimpernel.

I sent A complaint to MBNA threatening them with "everything under the sun". I have just received the "We will look into your complaint etc" letter.

At least its a start.

Debt Collection Charges