Can I get out of AOheLL CON-tract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently tied into a 24 months AOHELL Contract as I signed up to the free PS3 offer, but I am not able to use the internet service as it is always down, 3 times in the last 7 days it has been down more than 4 hours and also9 times in the last 2 months.

I need the internet for work as all my work is done online. I am losing money and need an internet connection which is why I am paying O2 god knows how much to use my phone to connect through my HSDPA Connection.

Where do I stand and where do I turn for help and advice, at the end of the day I feel they are not providing the service I am paying for and dont see why I should continue to do so for another 21 Months,

Any advice gratefully recieved *(Copy of terms and conditions would be great if anyone has them available to scan)

Thanks

Kev

Not to sure on advising on how to get out of the contract but many many people are having problems with AOL at the moment.

Firstly they took out their mid range broadband product Gold which has only left silver and platinum with a vast difference in price and download speeds, many have had their packages changed without any warning myself included.

Things have rapidly gone downhill since Carphone Warehouse bought them out, at the moment they are changing over the servers and people are experiencing disconnection problems and slow download speeds.

I have requested my MAC code and am going elsewhere!!

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Try www.consumerdirect.gov.uk there is a search box and info on broadband or give them a call they can give you some helpful advice. Go straight to a written complaint outlining all the problems you have had/are having and that under the t&c of contract they are failing to supply you with the service you are paying for so you want released from any unspent contract without charge and to recieve a MAC code so you can find someone who can supply you with adequate services.

Also ISPA - About Us theres a complaints form on there to complain to the trade association which they are members of.

Just because they are giving the bull of still changing servers does not mean customers HAVE to put up with crap service nor should they have to pay for a service they can only use a few hrs a day in short burst. Every 5-15 mins we were getting disconnections with them before leaving, then 5 months left of an 18 month contract appeared from nowhere without our knowledge. pffft right I suppose you can guess I really put up with that and being charged for the unspent contract!:rolleyes:

Good luck

I agree that server change cannot be used as an excuse. They can do this sort of work from 1 am to 5 am when there are minimum subscribers using the service.

I think I would write by special delivery and inform them of the problems that you have had and that you need a reliable service. Tell them that any further downtime will be considered a breach of contract by them and you will terminate the contract forwith.